Explorer Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK Gang - time to go on the hunt. Anyone know where to find this set of mirrors?

They are on a 98 Ranger on EBay that is modded. I've looked through some of the normal spots, but no luck. Anyone seen them?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks 96 -

I didn't know about the first link - and must have missed it when I looked through Godfathers...

They all seem to be manual mirrors - which I don't want to go to, so I might have to get creative...

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Well you'll have to get really creative too considering the fact that they are not a direct fit for Explorers by any means. This means you'll have to do a lot of fiberglass work to make it mold and appear "stock"...it's been discussed several times over on EF and in fact I originally wanted to do that and started a thread on it, only to be shut down by everyone :roll:

It's not impossible, but at the sametime not a 1,2,3 you're done type deal. But then again what IS that way for Explorers? :roll:

It's a shame too because those look KILLER and I think someday the day will come when I will just have them modded to fit on there. The manual part does suck though :sad:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I knew they were not a direct fit, but for $65.00 - I figured I could play with them some. I've got an extra set of mirrors in the garage for an Explorer I was going to fiberglass (one of these days), but when I saw these, it caught my attention. I had not seen the other threads... :!:

Hell - I've got enough projects. This one will have to wait...

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Hey well if you ever do it and it looks really good, I'll have to have you make a set for me

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL - I sat here for 4 months collecting parts while my house was being built and my X was 2200 miles away. Now, not only do I have the projects I collected here, but all the ones I had before I left. I need to get them done, painted, and installed - before I come up with more...

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
I see Carbon fiber mirrors all the time, mostly when i'm changing lanes.

Signals in them and puddle lights.

Keep an eye on ebay, but it's gonna cost you like 250

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I never ever see the XP8 carbon fiber mirror covers on eBay anymore...ever....

And trust me I keep an eye out for anything Saleen in general or Saleen Explorer / XP8 related on a weekly basis...

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't ever see the XP8 mirrors anymore either - hell - hardly anything for them. That is why I was looking at Ranger mirrors - they are as close as I can get (I think) and would be the easiest to change.

I just don't want to go back to a manual mirror... :snipe:

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
They'll show up, they usually do, about once every 2 or 3 months.

I check the saleen stuff, usually at least 2wice a day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts