Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I have to bite on this...when else would I have this opportunity
I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I am outbid though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree Rob, go get em bud! How is the weather up your way? Its as cold as a well diggers butt down here in Virginia, are you survivin?
:

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
WOW, already outbid....wtf!!!!! Question now is how high do I want to go

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't recall reading what the original option price for the hood was, but I would imagine 500-1000 dollars. Its still down in the two's, I think you will have a chance when the real bidding starts.....BTW I emailed the seller and asked if he had any other parts he was considering putting on EBAY, doesn't hurt to ask! Rob, maybe we should start a little side business gathering up some of these parts for our friends here...

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Ok, I kept bidding and it's already over $350...I want the hood, but I can't justify spending this much money for an item like this when I already have the hood scoop. I mean yeah there is an obvious huge difference....but screw it, I know the hood is worth at least what you just said SaleenFan...but I just don't have that kind of cash to spend! :doh:

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Yep, that's for sure. Oh well, at least I can say "I bid on a XP8 hood" :roll: :uhoh:

I'd rather send a lot more interior pieces to Phoenix Imaging for the classic black carbon fiber custom work. Eventually my exterior mirrors will go as well, take that XP8's! I will have my own Carbon fiber mirrors as well :D

I think I'll just "borrow" Joe's (2000xp8's) hood. He won't notice. I mean come on, who keeps looking at their hood to make sure its there? :uhoh:

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Hood was a 1750 option, and rob you can borrow it, but when i catch you i'll be turning it sideways and shoving it directly up your fat ass.

·
Registered
171 Posts
the hood was a $ 1650.00 option according to the window sticker I have from 99.

but I doubt if anyone is willing to spend that much money now?

Hennie

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
My X didn't come w/the hood, not available yet. I had Saleen ship it to me. Paid $800 plus shipping and I had to get it painted. Total cost around $1,200 so in the $300's is a steal

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Yeah well rest assured it's going to go way, way up. The auction just started, after all. And of course the most action in any eBay auction goes on within the last ten minutes.

G

·
wow man, thats a great deal on the saleen hood...by the way rob, if u get the new hood, can i borrow ur hood scoop..?

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
the hood was a $ 1650.00 option according to the window sticker I have from 99.

but I doubt if anyone is willing to spend that much money now?

Hennie

Interesting, my sticker says 1750, guess they can charge whatever they want when it's already on the lot.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Guess that what we call inflation, mine is from 99.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Who wants to make a bet on that hood not even making it to the end of the auction? If it's like any other Saleen body part in recent history, it will be pulled.
:

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
One problem i have with the hood is that the reverse scoups are not cut out, my brother has the actual 95 saleen mustang hood which is the same design except for a mustang and his is cut out, and has little screens to keep leaves out. I wish i had mine cut out so water wouldn't sit there, then dry up leaving dirt marks. I'm wondering whether it could be done without damaging the paint? Or causing future cracking or peeling.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts