Explorer Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today on my way to a fire call my check engine light came on. When I can back I turned on my headlights and it came on, then I turned them off and it went away, then I did this again and the same outcome. I think maybe its saying my battery is drawing too much energy or I need a new one. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Could possibly be alternator issue, but try the usual disconnecting the battery for a half hour. Not sure if explorers have a battery light.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
For the battery light, the Check Gage light would come on. You would have to look at the voltage gauge to see what is up with it though.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The voltage gauge was good, and the battery light was not on, it was just the check engine light. I put some more grounds to where my battery is grounded on the chassis. Do you think that have too many grounds on it may screw somthing up? For some reason I think that may be the problem. Because I added this ground yesterday when I put in those new LEDS and I also ground the other leds light by the passenger side headlight. But I would only expect the battery ground to screw somthing up, because awhile I ground too much stuff my actully battery and it would not get a good ground and my car would not start.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts