Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been thinking about a set for awhile now, BUT so many of them I see turn all yellow and funky. I DON'T want that kind of crap on my truck, so I've just been putting it off. Who has a set that have remained clear? Who makes em and where did you get em?

Rob: Yours look good. What kind are yours?

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Yeah I've gotten real lucky. I have no idea who the manufacturer is or the chances of you even getting the same ones I did. I just went on eBay and they had an auction where the clear corners appeared to be more glimmering and shiny then just dull regular clear corners. So I bought those and I've been extremely lucky. No yellowing.

Only thing you can probably guarentee is either buying the ones from Explorer Express that I believe are OEM quality, or taking the stock corners and removing the amber film from inside like Ally recommended.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well one link said Ford Explorer X was having problems, 2nd link had abunch of Civic stuff. I'm sorry if this is hijacking but thought this might be the right post to ask this. My 95 Explorer headlights,corners are yellowing and they are stock. How can I clear them or do I just go and buy a new set? Thanx for reading Dan

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So we still don't have clue what manufacturer makes a decent pair of clears?
:

I've seen the factory mod idea, but I would rather not fudge up my stockers.

Oh well.

·
Registered
566 Posts
yeah I bought a pair then kept my old ones in case the others suck. I dont know about cutting the amber out of them, you might have more of a chance for leaks in the corners then they will be brown.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So what brand did you buy?

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
mine are from procarparts.com....been bout 5 months and yellow

I'm trying Clearlights.com, heard they last long time. Well see

G

·
I have had for a little under a month, sealed them with silicon, and water has still managed to get inside. Kept my reciept and the first sign of yellow, i'm taking them back!! So far, no one has found good ones, just ones that last longer.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I still haven't had any yellowing in mine...
and it's been over a year in all types of weather...

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah Rob, rub it in. Now if you only knew what brand they were!
J/K!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
To be honest I really do wish I could tell you guys what brand they are. But like I said in my first post, aren't the clear corners that Explorer Express sells OEM quality?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts