Explorer Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright so i got my clear corners and put them on and they look great from the side but from the front they kind of look like stock(you can see the orange bulbs). i used the stock bulbs. the corners came with 2 sets of orange bulbs but they dont fit. i was just wondering what i can do to make it look really clear from the front cause other bulbs arent legal right?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
You can disconnect the front blinker blubs and put white ones in and make them light up when the headlights are on. But make sure to take the connection going to the blinker out or it will blink white and the cops will be all over you. It kinda sounds confuseing. Feel free to im me at Fordexplorer157 on aol

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
You could get some Silverstar blinker bulbs. They look blue when off but flash orange. I'm wanting to get some of those myself.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
I sprayed a lite coat of sliver hi temp paint on my side bulbs. Still glow amber, but can be seen in the daytime....Worked like a charm

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
might give those silverstars a try, how much are they?
I believe they are between $30-40 for the set, depends on exactly where you go for them. I've heard Wal-Mart has them and apparently thats where you can find them at the lowest price.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
[..]

I believe they are between $30-40 for the set, depends on exactly where you go for them. I've heard Wal-Mart has them and apparently thats where you can find them at the lowest price.

Rob, Silverstars for the lower wattage applications - turn signals, corners, etc. are quite a bit less than that. I think I paid about $12 for a set of ambers for my clear corners at Advance Auto

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
[..]

Rob, Silverstars for the lower wattage applications - turn signals, corners, etc. are quite a bit less than that. I think I paid about $12 for a set of ambers for my clear corners at Advance Auto
Oh ok, thanks I was referring to the actual headlight bulbs but thats good to know as well! Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts