Explorer Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was cleaning the ice of one of my blackout in the front and I got a little crack. So I am deciding to with clear corners but I do not know which ones will last the longest without turning yellow? I was also wondering on were I could get the stuff to tint my taillights and what the stuff is called? Someone help me
:

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Well I was cleaning the ice of one of my blackout in the front and I got a little crack.

What'd I tell ya man, those things crack like crazy during the winter. Like I said a complete waste of money

Anyway to answer your question, the clearcorners are really just a hit or miss. I have heard that the APC ones are pretty bad, but then again I have also heard the opposite. Bottomline being they are hit or miss. I have a set that have lasted me wel over a year and a half strong and no yellowing whatsoever. But I got mad lucky, I still don't even know how or why I did. In fact the previous set of clear corners I had before that yellowed out in a few months and totally sucked.

As for the taillight tint, I recommend searching the eBay user "taillighttint"...I've bought about four cans of that stuff from him and he ships it out MAD fast. For example late Sunday night I ordered a can, by Wednesday I had the can in my hands.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Cant ya just use Blue Magic metal and plastic cleaner for the yellowing?? A couple X owners have told me bout it and it has worked for them. I bought some but havent tried it yet.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Cant ya just use Blue Magic metal and plastic cleaner for the yellowing?? A couple X owners have told me bout it and it has worked for them. I bought some but havent tried it yet.

You know I never heard about anyone trying that, however I am going to get some of that tomorrow from Pep Boys along with some nice car wax & polish to help prevent the yellowing from ever happening. I'll let you guys know how it all works out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts