Explorer Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How good is the fit on the explorer express cowl hood for a 95-97 explorer? do it fit like the factory hoods?

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Hi, I'm going to move this thread to our Explorer Express forum since this is something John Vanek can answer directly. Thanks!

·
Registered
155 Posts
The quality and fitment of the cowl hood is good. The gap and clearance is fine. It is a fiberglass piece, so there will be some imperfections that will need to be dealt with. It is not ready to paint out of the box. It will need some filling, sanding and primer. Be sure to put thst in your budget.

·
Registered
384 Posts
John can this piece be shipped via the USPS ? I know it is oversized and all. I am too lazy to go measure the dimensions myself. Weighs less than 70 pounds I hope.I will have to see if the total dimensions are less than a 170 inches.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hey Chris, I am afraid that the hood normaly ships by way of truck. It can not go by US Postal. We may be stuck on this one. There is one other idea. I have a customer in Autralia that puts parts on a shipping container that leaves out of Southern Cal. It would still be a bit expensive on the shipping.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Ill just wait on the hood not like I have a real need for it. Thanks for the feedback on it as well. I am taking my vacation in Australia this year. I have about 40 days I need to take. When we get back to the states I think the next one is going to be a Sport Trac as well John perhaps we will just have it shipped to you for the treatment then pick it in California, thats just dreaming btw have you guys tried to get a setup with any of the Ford dealers around there and offer a limited package for them ? I mean that would be supreme exposure for you guys, who knows perhaps then you guys could get some real recognition for the great work you do. Not that hearing the rave reviews and word of mouth by the majority of us are a bad thing but hey exposure is exposure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts