Explorer Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ford Truck World nov03 mentioned the use of Cryogenically treated rotors as an performance upgrade, do you think EE will ever offer these items?

FTW

"The process involves cooling the rotors down to -300 degrees F so that the molicules in the metal are compressed together, eliminating any air gaps between them, the molecular structure has changed so that the metal is now stronger and less porous. This means that the rotors can cool more quickly and the harder metal can also be used with a brake pad with higher-friction matrix than stock". "some manufacturers are offering them as an upgrade kit".

Again it would be nice if EE web site would offer us a choice such as 1) oem, 2)performance (power slot) 3)perfomance plus (powere stop) 4) performance ultima Cryogenically treated.

Note: I will be needing new rotors very soon for that is the motivation for this question.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
They're getting their website on track as we speak, I dont know any details but John has made the comment to me that its a "long story" and that a major revamp is in the works. As far as explorer "owner levels" (i.e., soccer mom, enthusiast, gun-ho performance), thats a great idea to support that variety of products...but I'm sure easier said then done.

We'll have to see though! 8)

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have actually talked to the folks over at Power Performance Group (Power Slot) about cryogenically treated rotors. They said it is possible to do, but the cost would not be worthy of the outcome. THis is mainly for intense racing or rally use. Most street use would not benifit from this treatment. There are always going to be "over the top" street guys that might buy it in order to have the trickest stuff on their vehicle. Since this is not a praticle street application, it is not likely to go on our web site. It would be more expensive than the majority of owners would want to pay.

We have the power slot rotors Performance Friction Carbon Metallic brake pads currently on our web site. This combination offers the improved braking power & longevity.

Our goal is to provide quality Explorer performance parts that can be used for daily driving. We always upgrade our customers to the slotted rotors because they are a improvement over stock and the cost is similar to the Ford replacement rotors. They are also cad plated so they won't tend to rust like the factory ones do.

We know the results are good because have been installing these for years at our service facility in Richmond Ca. We have also recieved great testimonials from the folks over at mysporttrac.com. Those Sport Tracs are hard on brakes!

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
They are also cad plated so they won't tend to rust like the factory ones do.

My "wonderful" Ford OEM rotors were rusted before I even took it off the lot. My '95 Explorer original rotors had less rust than these ones when I traded it in.

G

·
those are nice looking rotors, i know thats not the purpose but they look like they are resistant to rust and corrosion like john said...cool

adam

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks John,

Your absolutely correct, when it comes down to money, $100 vs. $900 I would purchase the $100. rotors any day.

EE's web site

Since EE is so specialized & only carries the X products (which is great), One would think it wouldn’t be to hard to give the general public an option on as to what would fit their specific year model? I would think the inventory wouldn't be that large ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts