Explorer Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, well we all know madeyoulook's chameleon Explorer, well I was wondering, is there ANY manufacturer that makes his custom front bumper, or did he more or less go to a custom auto shop and have them completely fabricate one for his truck only? Here's an excellent front shot of his (beautiful) truck, for reference if you aren't sure what I am talking about:

<center>
</center>

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point, and yeah I did notice the wrinkle. I wasn't quite sure what was up with that.

Hmm...because if I find that around somewhere - I would definitely rather just get that!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm well I found it:

Click

Or at least it's practically the same exact front end. I think I might like this even better because it's somewhat less aggressive. The only thing that would suck ass is the fact that it has those huge ass openings. I know I could do like a giant speed grill type thing there, but that would look too ricey IMO.

Billet would look awesome, but it actually might be too much..and plus that'd be very costly and very hard to completely align correctly, etc.

I dunno, what do you guys think? IF anyone finds any other Ranger front bumpers, please give me a shout.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
I agree w/ BM, I like it but you will definatly need other body mods to make your X look complete. IMO the stlye of grill that came on a EX8's or 01 or newer sports (looks like a honeycomb) would look good to fill those huge openings.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree w/ BM, I like it but you will definatly need other body mods to make your X look complete. IMO the stlye of grill that came on a EX8's or 01 or newer sports (looks like a honeycomb) would look good to fill those huge openings.

hmm, very good idea with the honeycomb to fill it up. What other body mods would you suggest? I dont really go for rollpans, and rims are definitely in my plans.

I was thinking that front bumper, a mustang hood scoop like BM's, and a rear wing.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
mustang hood scoop and a rear wing would be a great start but finding part will be hard. That is one of the main reasons I purchased an XP8, already done :D .

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mustang hood scoop and a rear wing would be a great start but finding part will be hard. That is one of the main reasons I purchased an XP8, already done ?:D .

haha, well if I could buy an XP8, believe me I'd own it in a second, I think this proves that! 8)

The hood scoop will be absolutely no problem, Explorer Express makes it. Maybe you thought I meant the Saleen hood. That would be awesome but I don't think I'd ever be able to find one, plus I couldn't justify to purchase it. As far as the wing, yeah that's the problem, I guess I could temporarily get a Lund Windjammer ( :roll: ) until EE comes out with their Saleen replica wing. At least the Windjammer will be better than nothing.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There are alot of Saleen body parts on ebay.com right now! Skirts, door moldings, and a WING!
I'm sorry but for what it's worth those prices are crazy. $300 just for carbon fiber mirrors? Please. A front end bumper that is trashed? No thanks. And it could just be me, but that wing in the picture looks terrible. I know obviously it has to be primed and painted. But it just looks really bad.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I was bored so I thought id bring back an old post just for the hell of it. This is a real question though. Im about to give up on my front valence, and just buy a new bumper. I did want somethin unique and I was tryin to make a Roush look, so are there any bumpers that will fit my ex that are sporty, but not ricey? And I dont wanna spend too much money on it, otherwise ill just try again with mine. Just my luck Id finish mine and they would already have a roush bumper for an explorer for $100....

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was bored so I thought id bring back an old post just for the hell of it. This is a real question though. Im about to give up on my front valence, and just buy a new bumper. I did want somethin unique and I was tryin to make a Roush look, so are there any bumpers that will fit my ex that are sporty, but not ricey? And I dont wanna spend too much money on it, otherwise ill just try again with mine. Just my luck Id finish mine and they would already have a roush bumper for an explorer for $100....
Best thing you can possibly get is the front piece bumper CobraXP made but since his mold is pending a sale I don't think you can even order anymore for right now.

Other then that, order a EE airdam and pray it arrives in the mail.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
i cant see the first picture you posted but i can tell you the link is really gay and ricey, that bumper is really tall.

if its the chameleon explorer that is bagged then he has a ranger front bumper, i belive it is the stillen front bumper for a 98+ ranger, if fits really well and almost matches up with the factory running boards.

you can pretty much get any ranger bumper cover or bumper to fit you may have to actually buy a ranger bumper though, i think the 97-93 rangers and 95-96 explorers have ZVery similar valance mounings maybe even the 98-2000s

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I dont see anything wrong with your bumper the way it is.

It looks nice.

If you get a taller one you might rub on ditches or curbs..

from what I can see in your avatar picture your truck looks lowerd...

Oh and Rob... where did you get that hood???

I'v been wanting one but the only thing i'v found that even comes CLOSE to that is the scoops that go on top of the stock hood which looks cheesy

speaking of cheese... William, I want some of those velveeta shells... they sound good! and tell me when your done making them because you kinda paying more attention to the food than me, and thats just wrong.

lol just jokin Sorry to get off topic guys

1 - 20 of 33 Posts