Explorer Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have problems changing the interior bulbs on their 2000 or equivalent. I have the above console with the temp, and n,s,e,w.

One socket melted to the console, and i broke the other bulb getting it out.

Damn bulbs need the sockets that they have on them and as far as i know,you have to go to ford, who in fact doesnt' even know the part numbers. They had to sift through bulbs to match mine up.

Pain in the ass.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Wow that is strange. I've never heard of a socket melting. The bulbs on my '95 were very easy to replace and so are the ones on my '03 Sport. They both have the same overhead console. On my '95 I remember having to twist the metal thing to get the bulb out and it just came right out. I haven't looked to see if the bulbs come out the same on my '03. No breakage or anything on the '95. I wonder why yours is giving you problems.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I never had to replace any of the interior bulbs, so I really regret to be the useless source of information for this one :roll: Just didnt want to make you think I was ignoring the thread

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
03, did any of your bulbs have the plasitic socket on them?

Yes as a matter of fact they were plastic. The surrounds anyway. The piece that unscrewed was metal though. All the rest was plastic. I still don't know why yours would have melted. Unless some higher wattage bulbs were put in, the pieces shouldn't be melting.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the ford guy says they were factory bulbs, and he's seen them before, but are not listed in his comp, that's why he had to match them up.

Mine had a plastic socket connected to the bulb, but nothing really to screw in, just a quarter twist and they lock in place. he ordered me another one, and i'll take a picture of it and post it. No metal on mine though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts