Explorer Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I opened my door to get out at Home Depot today ("We have a nice little Saturday planned. Going down to Home Depot. And maybe Bed, Bath, and Beyond but I don't know if we'll have time.") and the damn wind took the door right out of my hand and swung it open hard. Now, my door is all out of alignment. I noticed wind noise, which I never had before, and tonight, when I remembered to check it out, I noticed the top part of the door sticks up from the body WAY too much.

So, I tried to fix it by adjusting the door latch but it didn't do much. Looks like I have a project for after work tomorrow (today). I looked at my Ford Service Manual CD at found a pretty good description of how to correct it so we'll see.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
If you can't fix it yourself just take it to a body shop. When I was rear ended everything was all out of wack and the guy was able to fix it.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man, when I just drove in to work, I could actually see daylight out of the top part of the door frame. It's WAAAY off.

Good idea, Rob. I thought of bringing it to the Ford stealership but then I had a panic attack. Just call me 'Tony Soprano'.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Man, when I just drove in to work, I could actually see daylight out of the top part of the door frame. It's WAAAY off. ?

Good idea, Rob. I thought of bringing it to the Ford stealership but then I had a panic attack. Just call me 'Tony Soprano'.
Yeah, I really wouldn't bring it to a Ford dealership. I don't need to tell you they'd rip you off. They'd probably say that they need to remove the body from the frame and buy you a new door. Who knows :roll:

Not to get off topic but I'm guessing you watched the Sopranos last night? I watch it religiously and last night IMO was one of the first good episodes of this season. The last few have been terrible (in comparison to from other seasons).

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree, most of this season has been boring. I'm getting tired of the whole Tony/Carmela divorce thing. It's getting old. I mean, come on. He's a mob boss. Order some hits or something.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Wow that sucks Eric. I suggest taking it to a body shop also.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, fixed.
Came home on lunch and fooled with it and now it's lined up pretty good. I'll fool with it more this weekend when I have more time.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
OK, fixed.
Came home on lunch and fooled with it and now it's lined up pretty good. I'll fool with it more this weekend when I have more time.
Just make sure you don't have any water leaks.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, good point. I think it's OK, though, because it actually feels too tight. You have to push it pretty hard to get it closed. I just bought a new shop light so I'll put that to some use tonight.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
You know, Eric, I've seen where there have been some comments about your new avatar, and how your truck looks a completely different color than before, but they seem to have overlooked another obvious issue -

That is one NICE looking driveway you've got going there!!!

Try not to spill tranny fluid all over it.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, I have discovered one thing: I don't have any fluid leaks because I'd find out pretty quick with that driveway.

I put that pic in my gallery, btw, so you get a better idea.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Jeff I noticed the same thing about Eric's X. It doens't even look the same color. It's beautiful though. I love that green.

Eric, glad to hear you've pretty much fixed it. Hopefully you won't find any leaks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts