Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have a '97 XLT, is this suppose to have daytime running lights? I thought prettymuch all cars had them by this year...Mine dosn't and I seen some post talking about it, so I was wondering if mine was suppose to have them...

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Mine doesn't, i just turn on my lights if I want them on during the day. Explorer Express sells daytime running light kits on their website, www.explorerexpress.com and I'm sure you can find them on other sites such as JC Whitney, JEGS, and more.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't wont daytime running lights anyway, I was just wondering if someone messed with them and diable them or something... I just thought it was strange it didn't have them....I thought all cars had them around they year and up...no biggy

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Oh ok
In that case I really don't know how to check if your Explorer had them but they were removed/disabled by someone else

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
You can have the dealer add it. DRLs are not standard on any Ford vehicle. Only GM does that and it's really dumb. I have seen a couple Explorers here with DRLs and it looks odd. I believe that all cars in Canada are required to have DRLs but I'm not sure. Anyway, your Explorer is fine since it doesn't have DRLs.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
What does the dlr's look like when they're on an explorer? Never noticed them.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I guess if you want daytime running lights, just turn on your headlights?

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I dont think it looks bad, i just dont understand the use for them when putting the headlights on does the same thing for you.

I do have a habit of putting the park lamps on when Im driving during the day.

·
Registered
170 Posts
geuss it's just me but it really makes the truck look

there is no real point but still in Canada they have to have them..crazy canada people :roll:

·
Registered
7,812 Posts

Nope I agree. I don't like the look of them on without the parking/running with it on also.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I definitely thinks it looks much better with the amber, I just dont think it looks all that bad.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
[..]

Nope I agree. ?I don't like the look of them on without the parking/running with it on also.
:word: :stupid:

Keep 'em all on or take it all off thats what I say.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts