Explorer Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see some diffrent brand clears on e-bay and I was wondering if you guys knew which ones yellow the slowest .. LOL

I just dont wanna get the brand that will turn yellow in a couple days, so if anyone can help me out Id really appreciate it. Thxs!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Anyway to answer your question, the clearcorners are really just a hit or miss. I have heard that the APC ones are pretty bad, but then again I have also heard the opposite. Bottomline being they are hit or miss. I have a set that have lasted me wel over a year and a half strong and no yellowing whatsoever. But I got mad lucky, I still don't even know how or why I did. In fact the previous set of clear corners I had before that yellowed out in a few months and totally sucked.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I got mine off of ebay about 2 months ago and still are good ill try to find a pic of them from ebay. I know I posted it on this site somewhere, cant remember where though.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Hey that is exactly where I got mine from! I finally remember now. I remember only because of the name "cuteyan"....you dont really forget a name like that! :uhoh:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alrighty, Thxs ... to bad he doesnt have any up right now. But I guess Im just going to have to take my chances with someone elses ...

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hey that is exactly where I got mine from! I finally remember now. I remember only because of the name "cuteyan"....you dont really forget a name like that! :uhoh:

I know I thought it was a weird name.... Im guessing the guys name is yan and he thinks hes cute

G

·
Whenever you get them, put a bead of silicon around the seam where the clear meets the not-clear. I've heard that also help gaurd against the moisture, which causes the yellow.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Whenever you get them, put a bead of silicon around the seam where the clear meets the not-clear. I've heard that also help gaurd against the moisture, which causes the yellow.

that sounds like it would be a good idea

·
Registered
640 Posts
Sure Rob, now you remember where you got the darn things! It's about time!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts