Explorer Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 explorer And the wheel is cambered towards the car, the abs system is also glitching out when I brake since this happened. I recently replaced the wheel bearings for the same wheel and idk if it has to do with that, what could be a cause? I have a picture with the issue. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a 1995 explorer And the wheel is cambered towards the car, the abs system is also glitching out when I brake since this happened. I recently replaced the wheel bearings for the same wheel and idk if it has to do with that, what could be a cause? I have a picture with the issue. Thanks
It looks like you’re alignment might be out. Too much pointing out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Need more info, such as was the wheel straight before you replaced the wheel bearings? Did you "ONLY" replace the bearings and nothing else? Was there any difficulty removing or replacing the bearings? Did you jack the truck up by placing the jack under the lower swing arm possibly damaging the bushings? I just don't see how replacing the wheel bearings would affect the camber. I have a 95X and have replaced both front wheel bearings and had no alignment problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Need more info, such as was the wheel straight before you replaced the wheel bearings? Did you "ONLY" replace the bearings and nothing else? Was there any difficulty removing or replacing the bearings? Did you jack the truck up by placing the jack under the lower swing arm possibly damaging the bushings? I just don't see how replacing the wheel bearings would affect the camber. I have a 95X and have replaced both front wheel bearings and had no alignment problems.
So, I replaced the bearings and it was fine and then about a week and a half later this happened, I don’t know much about the suspension parts as I’m still learning everything, I was just told to replace the bearings by a friend because of a different problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So, I replaced the bearings and it was fine and then about a week and a half later this happened, I don’t know much about the suspension parts as I’m still learning everything, I was just told to replace the bearings by a friend because of a different problem.
Looks like it may be bad upper control arm bushings:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts