Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I can say is WOW, excellent product, was in perfect condition when I received it. The packaging is really really good. No imperfections with the paint whatsoever, didn't even have a fingerprint on it.

I highly recommend this to anyone who wants to add some visual flair to their Explorer. I really can't wait until I get my EE airdam installed and all my bumpers/trim painted black!

<center>

</center>

I will have a full product review very soon for all of you to read.

G

·
looks great man....deff. a nice improvement. how did u attach it to the hood? by 3m tape or did u drill? i'll be looking for that review

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not 3M tape, its much stronger and more durable...anyway yes I did use the tape. I didn't want to drill into my hood. John Vanek swears that it won't be going anywhere so I'm taking his word on that. If I ever think that it might be going somewhere then I will bolt it down onto the hood. I might eventually do that anyway; but for now I just used the tape.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Wow Rob that looks great!!!!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, and also I believe that for what EE charges extra to have it painted is the same if not less then what you would be charged if you took it to a local bodyshop to have it painted.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Looks great, Rob!! Really sets off your truck. I'm having a tougher time not ordering one for mine. Hmmm. My birthday is next month, and I haven't gotten myself anything yet.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone. TAS, you must get this for your truck!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh that Cobra hood. Yeah I hear you on that. Good choice.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Looks pretty good Rob. Actually looks better than I though it would. I wasn't real sure if this piece was going to match the lines of a 2nd gen truck, but it "flows" okay. For the price, AND pre-painted it is tough to beat. Monochrome paint and rims will bring it all together.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Stop it, John. That's not fair!!

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
John that looks sweet!!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Honestly, yes but ONLY once you remove your bug guard (if you keep that on then no matter what, no) and at the very minimum have your grill painted to match your body color.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts