Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I may or may not, who knows. Hopefully yes, but who knows. Matt are you going to install that yourself? I don't know why but if that is everything that you need pictured above, I swear it looks easy to install
although I'm sure its not. Again, I don't know why, but it just looks really cut-and-dry in terms of installation. I never ever thought I'd be saying that. I guess thats how far I've come with modding my own Explorer, that to me now a S/C installation looks easy. Or, I could just be out of my mind and completely ignorant

God, that thing is beautiful...if that turns out some nice hp/torque improvements as I'm sure it will, I may just say the hell with a V8 swap although I really, really want to do it bad. You're talking about the difference of sacrificing your car for god-knows-how-long to get the swap done, then you have to worry about having a foreign (i.e. not native), older engine in your truck, and it will cost some nice dough. Whereas with this in a few hours (Ok so maybe two days tops if you spread it out), you're "blown" and that's that.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Truckin Magazine did an article along time ago were they installed a supercharger on an Explorer, I tried to locate the article but was unable. Truckin had it under GR8RIDE.COM and I'm 110% sure it was a March issue article but what year I cant remember, I think before the year 2000. the name of the article was Silk Purse.

·
Registered
384 Posts
My wife rode in a sport trac today and decided when we get back to the states she wants one of them. I told her the only way we were buying one is if it was blown, she then replied with Blown? I almost fell out of my chair laughing then took the few seconds to explain. Her concept of car care is telling me it is acting funny and I should look at it.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
told her the only way we were buying one is if it was blown, she then replied with Blown? I almost fell out of my chair laughing then took the few seconds to explain.

Getting blown is great! I mean....

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
My wife rode in a sport trac today and decided when we get back to the states she wants one of them. I told her the only way we were buying one is if it was blown, she then replied with Blown? I almost fell out of my chair laughing then took the few seconds to explain. Her concept of car care is telling me it is acting funny and I should look at it.
Well, at least she didn't start mouthing the tailpipe.

That's cool, BM.
I'd love to be able to do that someday.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Wow that's awsome BM!!! I may just have to drive up there and steal it before it gets shipped out to you.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Come on over Ryan. If you get through our security, you can have it!

After Matt get's his on, you will want one for sure. Black Magic is such an awesome Explorer, it makes sense that it will look good and go fast (faster). Hey Ryan, you could always rob a bank and buy for Rob too. He deserves it too!

We will have an installation article coming out soon in Sport Truck Magazine (on a Sport Trac). We will also have an article coming out in Truckin' Magazine that will feature our supercharger on this blue Ranger.

I am working on magazine article for Black Magic right now. It makes sense that his supercharged Explorer will get magazine coverage. It is as nice as anything that you will see in any magazine.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Looks awesome!!
How much HP does it add and how much total will you have?

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Nooooo way! Black Magic is going to be in a magazine! Holy crap man. He totally deserves it, for sure. But that is definitely incredible! Congrats Matt! BTW John let us all know what exact issue these articles come out in and I will make sure I pick them up.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Here is the actual dyno report from a supercharged Sport Trac. This was done by Brian at Apten in St Louis. He managed another 20 RWHP with his tuning magic! Each kit will come with a handheld programmer that has the special Apten tune.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts