Explorer Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am want to take me explorer emblem of my 96 hatch and get the explorer emblem of the 02-03 and put them on mine! I just dont know what the emblem is put on and if there is holes that would show? Could someone help me here?

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I believe since you are a 96 there are holes.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Yeah there are holes but put the new badges over the holes.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How would I go about taking the emblem off?

G

·
ud have to take the paneling off on the inside and un bult it from the inside, at least thats how i believe its done...can someone back me up here?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
The emblems will come off with a heat gun or hair dryer and fishing line or dental floss....pretty easy. The guys over on FTW do it all the time. After you get it off then you use Goof-Off to take off the extra sticky stuff and then wax it. It might be a different color at first will after a couple of weeks it will all look the same.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Susie he doesn't have the emblems that have the adhesive backing. There is a hole in the actual door and the emblem is bolted on more or less.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Yeah it shouldn't be bolted. The holes are just for the guides on the back of the emblems. There should be two little pegs on them. But nothing should be bolted on.

G

·
How do u go about taking that off?

well what u do is u take a flat blade screw driver and put it inbetween the plastic and the metal of the door. I recomend using a tow wraped around the head of the screw driver so u don't scratch the paint or the plastic. There is these push plugs that u gotta pry them out of the holes they are in. I can't really tell u were they are but if u start to pry u can find out real fast, but u wana pry next them so u don't damage the plastic. If someone has a better way chime in...good luck...

G

·
Yeah it shouldn't be bolted. The holes are just for the guides on the back of the emblems. There should be two little pegs on them. But nothing should be bolted on.

mine are bulted on, i believe above 95 they started to bult them on....i'm not positive on that.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
i started taking mine off and saw the holes, so i stopped, when i got hit in the rear last time the body shop was suppose to leave them off, but they didnt

1 - 16 of 16 Posts