Explorer Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the product number is for the poly rear sway bar bushings? I'm trying to get them from Autozone (they do carry ES products) but their book has a blank next to "98-01 rear swaybar bushing set". I would order them from EE, and I will if Autozone doesn't have them in stock, but I'd like to get this done tomorrow if I can.

·
Registered
155 Posts
You will get much better results by upgrading the sway bar. The X-Spec Rear Sway bar at Explorer Express comes with poly bushings.

We are going to offer a special for ExplorerX members in the month of December.

The ZD5622 Sway Bar is only $159.95 + shipping!

Call John V. at 888-EXPLORER (888-397-5673)

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stop tempting me, dammit.

I do have a question, though: is there an upgrade for the rear end links (I gues you'd call them that?), or are the stock ones good enough?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Actualy the stock link bushings will do the trick. Besides they have to be pressed out and it is a hassle. I am telling you, it is the sway bar upgrade that makes the difference. You will NOT be disappointed, ask anyone that has it. When you get this sway bar, you will wish you had it all along.

It is that good!

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Wilson, you have a squeeking noise is that why you doing this?

Save your time and money and get the whole sway bar setup, even if you have to deal with the noise for a few more weeks to budget the money in.

It's not worth the time to change just the bushings, you'll be smacking yourself later, when you have to do it twice.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
:word:

Awesome to hear about the ExplorerX member discount for December, truly appreciated....I just bought one but otherwise I would've jumped on it!

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW!!!! Dammit, stop pulling my arm.

No, seriously, I would do it now, but I just cannot afford it with Christmas and the house on the way. I would LOVE to get it for that trip home to NJ next month but I just can't.

About the difficulty part, I already had the sway bar off last week so it's not too big of a deal. I just wish the bastards had given me the right size bushings. At this point, I think I am going to wait because I did grease the rear bushings a bit so the squeaking has pretty much stopped. I think I'm just going to do the front for now.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Wilson: Get the bar man.. It is worth every penny. Sell some blood, or an organ, or some sperm or something. Do whatever it takes! It is a must have.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh I'll get it, but my house is more important. After that (believe it or not) my bills will actually be lower than I pay right now and mods won't be a problem at all.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
John V , the picture indicates that the bar is for a sport or sport track, will that fit a four dr. or do u offer another one , im new to think catergory?

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Yeah, what that image is saying is that it will fit all 95-01 Explorers, and in parenthesees, also 01-03 Explorer Sports & Sport Tracs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts