Explorer Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a chance to meet tommy at Englishtown this weekend and a bunch of other members (not sure who they all are, because i didn't see them get into their vehicles but they know who they are :D ). I took a bunch of pictures but as usual they suck, and it was getting dark so my truck barely showed up, but tommy's truck photographs great.

Tom's a pretty cool guy, not what i expected though. He's pretty much got the same attitude as i do so we relate pretty well. Probably the type of guy i could hang around with and we both could compliment each other until our huge egos were maxed out.

I can say that his truck is in supermint condition, i'd say showroom floor perfect actually. Even made me a little jealous :cry: But the bright side is that i got the recaros :D .

Here's 2 pics tommy sent me that he took, and maybe some of the other guys and girls that were there have some more.

Rob (FXN Rob) edited the pics and made them smaller since Tommy had them huge.

There is some more pics that other members took an i'll link them up later.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Great pics!! I love Saleen Explorers!!

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sweet tommy, give's a good idea how great of an improvement the saleen hood actually is.

Now do some before pics of the seats before you got the recaros.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ur an @ss. You better watch out you might come out of your house in the morning one day and not have ?your recaros anymore ? ?
?
?
?

Sorry tom, i couldn't help myself, and i guess now i'm going to have to start sleeping in the truck on random nights again, like i did when rob was stalking me.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Nothing like rubbing it in Joe :roll:
You should give Tommy a break here and there, at the least

Anyway, Tommy these pics are great. I didn't know that your XP8 didn't come with the carbon fiber hood. That must've set you back a pretty penny. I'm guessing you ordered that before Saleen stopped producing the body kit pieces.

Speaking of the XP8 body kit pieces, I have a question for both of you. Joe, I know you said you are in contact with Saleen directly pretty often. Have you ever asked/been told what would happen if say, you needed your front bumper as an example to be replaced/fixed? I find it kind of hard to think that Saleen would just leave you in the dust. If they really do then that is fucked up on Saleen's part.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Sorry tom, i couldn't help myself, and i guess now i'm going to have to start sleeping in the truck on random nights again, like i did when rob was stalking me.

Oh is that what I was doing? :uhoh: :finger:

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nothing like rubbing it in Joe ?:roll: ?
You should give Tommy a break here and there, at the least ?
?

Anyway, Tommy these pics are great. I didn't know that your XP8 didn't come with the carbon fiber hood. That must've set you back a pretty penny. I'm guessing you ordered that before Saleen stopped producing the body kit pieces.

Speaking of the XP8 body kit pieces, I have a question for both of you. Joe, I know you said you are in contact with Saleen directly pretty often. Have you ever asked/been told what would happen if say, you needed your front bumper as an example to be replaced/fixed? I find it kind of hard to think that Saleen would just leave you in the dust. If they really do then that is ****ed up on Saleen's part.

It's more like a friendly Up yours. Or Liz Summers will say, i'll check and get back to you, but you know the answer is no. And the stupid parts guys are like "xp what?".

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Hey Joe it's all good. I know you like breaking balls but you better watch out as you'll never know when I'll show up

Rob, I purchased the hood about a year after I got my X (in 99) and paid $900 shipped and then add few more $$$ to get it painted. My X didn't have a few other things that Joe has. The carbon fiber dash kit was not available, the pedals, recaros (shut up Joe), hood, 13in rotors and they still didn't know what SC they where going to use. I now have the Saleen hood, pedals, CF dash kit (not Saleen) and the X-Charger. Still no recaros :|

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tom, you do have that god damn steering wheel that i want, and from the looks of i will never have.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
BTW: Here are some pics of my bro in laws SVT contour, He sold it in july of 03 and bought an 04 Grand cherokee.

It was a sweet looking ride that was fast as hell for a 2.5 na motor, fastest he ever had was 150mph where he ran out of room.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Hey, my neighbor down the road had a SVT Contour (red) and not only was it beautiful inside and out, but flyin' fast. We'd be going some crazy speed that I can't even remember, and we were only in second gear 8O

1 - 17 of 17 Posts