Explorer Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help trying to find what this particular part is called (technical name, part # etc..), it is a metal flex tube (acordian style), that it is plumbed into the top/side of the passenger side exhaust header, I am sure it has something to do with the OBDII emision system it runs from the header up to under the intake, the tube is cracked and you can hear valve tick under load, also obviously you can feel the exhaust leaking from it, it keeps tripping the check engine light because of the leak. Any help would be appreciated I want to walk into a Ford dealership and give them a name or part# so as to not have to deal with the "I cant find it sir" syndrome.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Does the valve tick sound something like a rattle? Your problem sounds very similar to mine. I only hear it under load. I tried to find this tube on Autozone and Advance online but I can't find it.

·
Registered
640 Posts
They shouldn't have to much trouble with this one. The EGR tube issue is a pretty common one, so I think any half competent Ford parts department will be able to hook you up. Now of course, the cost will probably make you throw up.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Well, then I'll make sure I throw up on the parts dept. guy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You would not be able to get that part at any parts store, I imagine only a authorized Ford parts dealer would have it, No its not quite like a rattle its deff a valve tick, you can hear it under load because the noise generated from the valves slamming open and closed is escaping thru the point of least resistance as opposed to the materiall in the header, egr tube etc absorbing it, also because this motor is equipped with the OBDII California emissions the sensor is picking up the leak and tripping the check engine light. Also iI imagine i am loosing some ponies and fuel milage, anyways thank you guys it has been a great help. Thanks, Matt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts