1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I'm actually surprised it sounds that good on a V6. I can't wait to get mine on my V8.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
He has the OHV...I dont know about the rest.

·
Registered
391 Posts
sweetness!! that's what I have, and I want that exhaust tone!!! hehe.... hopefully he'll get on here and say "its all stock piping and cats" then I'll be REALLY happy, b/c that sounds great for an OHV. deeper than I thought

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Well it is a Flowmaster 40 exhaust, I do know that. And they run quite loud period. I got a Flowmaster 50 and I have a SOHC V6 and it sounds like a V8, especially at idle. I've been extremely pleased with the performance and sound, definitely a very big and noticeable upgrade from stock.

·
Registered
391 Posts
yeah, I knew about the 40 series, and that's what I"m gonna get, but never been able to hear what it actually sounds on an X. now, its does start to sound a little higher in the higher RPM range, but I really like it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The only thing i have different is 2.5" piping comin from the cat, and 94xlt what kinda MAF do u have and did u notice a difference ?

·
Registered
391 Posts
its the EE MAF, I can't remember what brand it is though....POssibly the Grenatelli, I"m probably wrong.. Yes, I did notice a difference in Throttle Response. Not sure about gas mileage though, b/c I have a lead foot, easp now that I have the 32's. I also have a drop-in K&N too.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Super Turbo Muffler
94XLT, is that the Dynomax? If so, are you happy with it? I've been wondering how they sound.

G

·
that sounds great for only single......drooolllll.....i was thinking about the dual but i might just go with the same set up as urs.....thats really nice...i like i like

adam

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
V6 owners should never go true dual because you'll lose too much low end torque, and with an OHV you already have a shot in the foot so don't shoot yourself twice. Get a single with an exit pipe of 3"

I have a SOHC with a single out 3 inch pipe and it has worked wonders.

G

·
V6 owners should never go true dual because you'll lose too much low end torque, and with an OHV you already have a shot in the foot so don't shoot yourself twice. Get a single with an exit pipe of 3"

I have a SOHC with a single out 3 inch pipe and it has worked wonders.

the only thing i would do is get a muffler and go dual in and dual out with it...ur not changing it that much so i don't see the big oh my in it....and mines a ohc not ohv....peace

adam

G

·
i thought 3" was a little big?? I have always been told that anything over 2.5" piping.... starts losing power.

yea thats what i always thought....i would stay 2.5 just because i don't need anything bigger.....peace

adam

1 - 20 of 38 Posts