Explorer Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, Totally new, so go easy.. Can anyone help me with the following..
I have a 2000 xlt explorer. Proud to call myself an explorer owner.. I use to be a holden fan ( GMC in the USA ) but absolutely fell in love with my new truck.
I would like to know what computer programs would best suit the explorer for diagnostics.. Nothing to expensive, but i have a few warning lights up.. ABS and Engine light. Had them reset, but came back up straight away... I have tuns of other questions but this is a good start, thank you all...

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Welcome to the site! Post up some pics of your new truck! Great to see an Aussie here.

A Scan Gauge is a popular item for real time data and viewing trouble codes. It won't display ABS codes however. I would check the condition of the front wheel bearings (this can be a common cause of ABS failure) and also check the speed sensor that is located on the top of the rear differential for build up.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Welcome! Agreed any OBDII scanner should suffice.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@ Y2K, Thanks for the heads up... Re-ABS light, It makes sense. When i drive thru water, the front bearings sometimes make noise, i am going to get them checked or replaced, before the front wheels fall off... Haha.. I added a pic in my photo album, but cant work out how to put one up on my profile... ( I promise that all... well most aussie's arnt as dense.. ) Im only getting into cars now.. Now that i have discovered a truck im interested in..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts