Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I can say is
Joe you got your wish. I definitely love these!

<center>

</center>

This guy is a member over @ EF. We should get him over here!

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
I love those rims. Wish I could get some for my X.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Beautiful rims. Very classy. Really dresses up the truck.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
I like them, but it looks like he's got a little too much tire on them, profile wise.

It looks like the profile says 60+ (it's hard to see, but that size is almost always too tall, unless on a rim 17 or less.

Makes the truck look higher.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree. It doesn't look like his truck is lowered or if it is, it should be lowered more to compensate. Too much rubber kills any wheel combination.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I like it and I agree with his tire choice. He probably wants to retain his ride quality so he went with the larger tire. I'm actually going to do the same thing. I'm a big fan of 5-spoke rims but I really like those.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Seems like its really a matter of personal taste, plus what you're trying to accomplish.

On my X, I purposely went to 18" wheels instead of 20s because I wanted more tire. I wasn't concerned with creating a "street racer" look. I needed a package with enough load capacity to tow my boat, I didn't want to sacrifice the great ride my X has, I need year round performance in a climate where it can snow a lot, and I don't feel like having two sets of wheels and tires, which I've done on other cars before. For me, the 18" wheels with 55 series tire did all of that, and I like how they look.

I see other Xs running 45 series tires on 20s, and a lot of times I really think they look great. Its just not for me. Its the 22a and 24s that are just wacky
j/k.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah anything larger than 20's on Explorers looks insane; some Navigators and Expeditions can pull off 22's really well, but once you start going 24" and above really its just rediculous. Even on Hummer H2's and Escalades...

<center>

bling
bling
</center>

·
Registered
640 Posts
Looks good. Not quite as "killer" as I thought it might be, but part of that is the amount of tire. Those have to be 60 series or more. Either way it is very different. Refreshing to see something unique. Now I still want to see somebody use the 10th anniversary wheel!

I wonder why he left his rear bumper chrome?
:

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Escalade...

·
Registered
640 Posts
Escalade

Navigator

Aviator

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I like the both of those but I like the angular look of the Escalade much better. Give me a pearl white Escalade any day (not to mention the 345hp that comes with it).

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah it looks nice but thats about it. I thoroughly looked over the Escale inside and out at last years New York Auto Show. What a piece of crap. The interior was very plasticy, and the interior accents such as on the rear doors looked and felt easy to break and ruin. I literally almost ripped the door handle off. The Escalades sure look nice, but give me the new Navigators anyday over the Esca-crap. Amazing exterior though, I will no doubt give it that. And the engine doesn't hurt either!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Yeah, they look badda bling, and GM V8 powertrains are fine, but I would much rather have an Avi. Actually, I'd just like to have that 302hp 4 cam stuffed under my hood. 8)

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Actually, I'd just like to have that 302hp 4 cam stuffed under my hood.
There you go.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
how much would a set of the FR500's go for ?.... whatr about with tires ? (fueature mod)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts