Explorer Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As promised, more new exclusive ExplorerX.com content! A simple mod that can completely transform your Explorer, monotoning is becoming the hot new trend amongst Explorer enthusiasts.

If you have the benefit of owning an Explorer Limited, then this exterior customization already comes factory. But for the rest of us (this means you Sport, XLS, XLT, NBX, and Eddie Bauer owners!), monotoning our exterior is a sure way to set our Explorers apart from the rest.

Be sure to check out the complete feature by clicking here.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone like/dislike this article? Was it helpful? I'd love any sort of feedback. THANKS!

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Since Ford started to release the Sports and Sport Tracs with a monotoned trim from the factory. . .

Not true. Only the Sport Tracs come from the factory with monotone from the factory in the '04 year. If that statement was true, I would have a factory monotoned Explorer since it's only available on the XLT Premium model which I have. But as you know the Sports last year was '03 so they didn't get the factory monotone since they didn't continue to '04.

Other than that it's a great article.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I just fixed that.

More things to ponder:

- Did you learn anything from this article?

- Was it interesting?

- Was it a waste of time?

Thanks...your feedback means everything!

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
- Did you learn anything from this article?

Nope. Well, actually I learned how beautiful Matt's ride is again.

- Was it interesting?

Somewhat but then again I've already looked into monotone prices and what not. I think to someone who hasn't thought of monotone it will be very interesting

- Was it a waste of time?

Definately not!!! It's great information and might give someone another choice of what they want to do with their Explorer if they had not thought of getting it painted before.

Thanks...your feedback means everything!

No problem.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Awesome article Rob

I noticed one thing though, I'd consider my X to be monotoned stock. Am I wrong?

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your trim including your fender flares are not smoothed and painted. It's just a darker rubber/plastic trim.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Your trim including your fender flares are not smoothed and painted. It's just a darker rubber/plastic trim.
gotcha, I really dont think painting it would be worth it to me because the flares are pretty small as well as the trim. Plus they're pretty much black in color. It looks so much better though after someone one monotones especially Black Magic's x
What a difference it makes

1 - 12 of 12 Posts