Explorer Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I became fed up with the large rip that I had forever. Heres what it looked like:

So I went to a fabric store, found some vinyl, and came home and put it on. It was fairly simple

Of course its a little brighter brown, but Im sure age will bring it back
The pic makes it look brighter too. I dont care because its way better than before!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Looks great! Who cares about the vinyl being a lighter color, at least its fixed

·
Registered
16 Posts
yea same thing happend to me ive seen it in about every 2nd gen x with alot of use out of it. did the same thing u did an yes it was very easy and about the color not matchin i dont think anyone will notice that at least not nearly as much as the rip

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone. If you want to know how to do it let me know, but its really just common sense.

That looks real good. ?No more shredded interior ?
LOL Honestly, the seats have problems too especially driver side. You can see some of the rip in the middle at the bottom of the second pic. New seats might be the next investment

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
I see that. Check E-bay for seats. You could get sone really nice ones.

What are you planning to fix next? Bumper, rust or seats? I am going to fix some rust and scratches on my bumpers this summer. I hate rust. If I have more time, I will be making my own custom airdam. 8)

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Crap, I forgot about the bumper when I posted that. Yea, bumper first definitely and the door jam ASAP. I want the bumper Rob got, but I just hope it does fit since it cleary says 99-01 explorers.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Crap, I forgot about the bumper when I posted that. Yea, bumper first definitely and the door jam ASAP. I want the bumper Rob got, but I just hope it does fit since it cleary says 99-01 explorers.

It will fit. Many members on EF have done the swap. The only thing I can think of that might be different would be the fog plugs, but I am almost 100% sure they are the same. The bumper will be shinier than your whole car

That rust will get a lot worse if it goes through another winter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts