Explorer Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just wondering if anyone has a 2002 with a sway bar. and how much drivin improvment does it make... is it worth the $120..

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Its a huge difference. FLIK himself just registered on here. I'm positive as soon as he sees this thread he'll be able to tell you everything you need and want to know. For $120, thats an excellent price as well for the product. That combined with lowering springs = tight ride.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
I think a sway bar upgrade would improve any ride. I don't have an 02 but I have driven many other stock X's and the difference compared to mine is night & day.

·
Registered
28 Posts
hey ...... here''''s Flik!
Yeah just found this last night. The sway bar is actually a helper spring that stiffens the bottom to help carrying loads and control swaying.

" Fits Vehicles With Rear Coil Springs Only

Hellwigs Transverse Rear Stabilizer Leaf is both a helper spring and an anti-sway bar, so not only does it control the sway of your vehicle, it is also a load assist! Full adjustability give you control over the firmness of the ride.

Adds 1000 lbs Of Additional Load Carrying Capacity!

High Grade Spring Steel Insures Uniformity Of Performance And Durability!

Keeps Vehicle Level For Increased Control!

Greatly Improves Vehicle Handling And Safety!

Lifetime Warranty!

Installation: Heavy-Duty hardware and Instructions are included. Installs easily with regular hand tools. Springs are sold in pairs.

Tech Notes: Hellwig Springs are designed to increase the level load carrying capacity of your vehicle. Never load the vehicle these units are installed on beyond the Manufacturer's Maximum Gross Vehicle Weight Rating.

Retail Price: $137.30"

Your price to your house: 120 to your door including shipping!!!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
You cant pass that up Andrew! Go for it!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I know Sarek has one, and he is very impressed with it. I'm planning on ordering one in the next week or so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts