Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is one currently for sale in excellent condition that I just found randomly searching on eBay. It is off a Mountaineer but is 100% compatible with 95-01 Explorers. There is nothing different.

Reserve isn't met but right now its at $55. This could be a great chance to upgrade your rear hatch at a cheap price. Keep in mind you would need to buy the 98+ rear taillights to make it all work.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2464039371

That rear Mercury emblem could easily be shaved and for cheap...and then you could also easily put on a Ford emblem in its place after that. I know several people have talked about doing this on here before so this is why I am bringing it to all of your attention.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
The piece where the Mercury emblem is needs replaced with a Ford one because of the circular cut out but that shouldn't cost too much.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The piece where the Mercury emblem is needs replaced with a Ford one because of the circular cut out but that shouldn't cost too much.
That rear Mercury emblem could easily be shaved and for cheap...and then you could also easily put on a Ford emblem in its place after that.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
The way yours reads it doesn't say that the plastic piece over the handle needs replaced. You can clearly see in the pic it does. I was just pointing that out.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The way yours reads it doesn't say that the plastic piece over the handle needs replaced. ?You can clearly see in the pic it does. ?I was just pointing that out.

Ok, what I meant was that the Mercury emblem could be removed, you could use some body filler to make it flush on the surface of the handle and the small part of the body where the M emblem overlaps, paint that, and then stick on a Ford emblem

I guess not typing out all my thoughts will confuse people, especially when its 2:15am my time
Sorry for the confusion

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Ooooooh right!! I gotcha!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
wow if i had an older explorer for that cheap it would be fun to try some things like to see how well i could do some body mods and if i messed up oh well not like i paint $$$$$ for it.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well keep in mind the reserve isn't even met. But this is no reason to turn it down. BTW keep in mind it will be expensive to have this shipped. It'll have to be done through freight.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Im just curious, why do some 95-97 owners want to change the rear?
:

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Better quality, better build, and it looks 100x better.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I only thing I wish on the 98 - 01 tail gate it had the big top brake light insted of the small one, other then that it is 10 times better, I love the push button rear window opener

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I never noticed the brake light difference. How exactly does openning the door and window work?

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
That must be easier than turning the lever all the time

Much easier. Plus I like the "Pop" sound my rear hatch makes when I open it. My '95 didn't have the same sound.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
BTW keep in mind it will be expensive to have this shipped. It'll have to be done through freight.

its out of NC so i dont think it would be bad for me, but still i think im guna pass

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How the hell will it only cost $65 to ship an entire rear hatch? UPS wanted $200 to ship out an old set of front leather seats...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts