Explorer Talk banner

Would you like to see a general Computers/Eleectronics/Gaming forum?

• Yes, absolutely!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure

• No, not interested / Topic doesn't appeal to me

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about creating a forum specifically for things like computers, electronics, and gaming. In no way will this become a "Help me for [X] computer problem", it would be designed for general, technical discussion.

So let me know if this would be something you'd like to see on ExplorerX.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
I'm not so sure we need it, i think the punch bowl or whatever the hell you call it now, covers that area.

Although if we did have it, i wouldn't be bothered by it.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
I think it would be a good addition. Every other Ford site has a forum for computers, gaming, etc. so why not this site?

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I think it would be a nice addition. Im interested in that kind of stuff so Im sure I'd be in there a lot

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Computers are a large part of my life so, sure, why not.

·
Registered
270 Posts
i dont think he means a whole new site, just an addition to this one. i say go for it it will help clean out the punch bowl a little bit

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i dont think he means a whole new site, just an addition to this one. i say go for it it will help clean out the punch bowl a little bit
Yeah I just mean another forum category, not an entire new forum website!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Personally I do not think an Explorer dedicated site should have ANY non-explorer related sections at all. Its an explorer enthusiast site and should be about explorers. If people wish to talk about random stuff, then they can use a forum like www.genmay.com or something of that nature.

It has always been my belief that the reason many forums fail is because they deviate from the original purpose, and ultimatly get overun with idiots and non-topic B.S and most people then end up losing all interest in the sites original purpose.

But, alas, this is not my site,nor is it my call to make on this matter. This is simply my opinion on creating another off-topic section on this site. Also since the section has already been made, my comments are even more useless :)

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
That may be true AnabolicFrolic but I think it helps us get to know each other better such as stating your opinion about something or talking about your hobbies. I personally enjoy off topic forums

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bottomline is people aren't going to post in those forums if they don't want to. Our "Politically Incorrect" forum has been a hit and our other forums haven't experienced a decrease in posts, either.

ExplorerX continues to strive to be number 1 for all your Explorer enthusiast needs. Off-topic forums, if moderated CAREFULLY, can only enhance the sense of community within the site.

We have a very tight-nit group, and I keep a very watchful, careful eye on this entire site. If I thought something was going to be detrimental to it or starts to become a problem, I nip it in the butt immediately no questions asked.

I appreciate your insight and opinion though, and as we discussed at one point before, you're absolutely right - when off-topic forums become the sole reason anyone visits the web forum site, then the forums/site has failed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts