Explorer Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright im sure this has been asked before but im new to this site....But what ALL do i have to do to convert my frontend to a gen one mountaineer front end please let me know thanks guys
: highly detailed would be pirfect and thanks again

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Like the folk at fxn said, expo5.0 on explorerforums.com did a mountie coversion. There's a thread floating around over there with some information

·
Registered
155 Posts
What year Explorer is the Monty front end going on? Because I know that the Gen 2 Explorer front end will not work on a Gen 1 (easily). The lower radiator support is totaly different, the parts don't line up.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Bottomline a front end conversion won't be cheap or easy by a longshot. You're talking about putting on a front end that isn't even meant for your car. Marco, the guy who you're talking about who took his 1st generation Explorer and *sort of* put a Mounty front end on may look good but its far from perfect.

Notice the drivers side headlight housing. It's not even installed properly, it's completely out of alignment. He completely replaced his entire front clip, too. It's a ton of money, it's not as easy as buying new headlight housings, a new grille, and that's it.

If you're really serious I suggest taking several photos of the differences in the front ends, go to a junkyard and get price quotes on all the necessary parts, and finally go to a body shop with all this information and photos and get a front end swap quote. My guess is this is way more than what you were anticipating. But this is the reality of the project.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Like the folk at fxn said, expo5.0 on explorerforums.com did a mountie coversion. ?There's a thread floating around over there with some information
Ha, that guy is apart of the MN Chapter of FTW. Havent met him personally yet but I hope to next month. From what I saw in his profile there, it wasnt an easy task and Im not even sure if hes completely done. I hope he isnt anyways because it doesnt look all that good. I can definelty email him or post a thread at the MN chapter asking him the details about it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea if you could that would be sweet thanks...

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
I am doing a front end conversion to my 93' explorer to a navajo front end Should be fun

That might not be too bad to do if you get the same year (body style) and change all of the sheetmetal over, the inner structure should be the same.....should be but you never reall know, hell Ford will even change the part during the same year of manufacture, they like to change a hole, bracket, who knows, they just keep you hopping trying to get the correct part. Alot of the time you when you are repalceing parts they need to know the production date, even on some vehicles it makes a difference what factory the vehicles were made in.

Good luck and post some pics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts