Explorer Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling my 17" Cobra R's because I am going into the Marine Corps in a few months and I can't justify keeping my wheels. I'm going to need the money for other things which are much higher in terms of priority. Take these Cobra R's off my hands for an incredible deal...

These wheels have been meticulously maintained. The Cobra R's are wrapped in Dunlop Grandtrek's, 275/55/17 and have plenty of tread left. I estimate at least another 10,000 highway miles before you will need to replace them. They handle the road like glue, and have no audible road noise. I would definitely buy these tires again if I wanted a great all-season sport truck tire but didn't want to pay a high price.

Right on the insides of where the lugnuts go on, there are some marks from a local Ford dealer that used improper tools to remove the tires from the car (that is a LONG story) on three of the wheels. They are however completely unnoticeable unless you get right in front of the wheel and look for it. If you don't know its there, you won't see it. As you can see in one of the large images above there is a closeup shot and you can't even see it. Other than that, these wheels have no imperfections.

I will sell these Cobra R's WITH the tires for $550 plus shipping. If you are located in the Philadelphia area, I will meet you halfway if you wish to save on shipping. I am located in central New Jersey.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Update: 3/20/04

These wheels are now officially S O L D

Thank you for your time and interest

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Bastard.
I would've bought them this summer. Well, if you haven't sold them by then, I'll probably buy them. I wonder if I would have the clearance problems you have, though?

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
8O If I wasnt planning on my X having an off-road look to it I would say yes in a second

·
Registered
384 Posts
Well Rob with the status of my X being determined by the local Ford dealer I can not say yes or no right now, if they want the 5160 dollars to fix it then I will probably yank all my parts and invest in a newer X. As it is the value of my X rated as excellent only comes in at a whopping 4250 dollars from KBB, so if you still got them in a couple weeks after I know what they are actually going to charge me i'll get back to you.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Matt as I said to you in a PM, you are unfortunately just a few hours late.
A guy from ExplorerForum bought them and sent payment to me already, so unfortunately I can't accept your offer.

These wheels are now officially S O L D

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, that was fast, not that that wasnt expected
Actaully I wasn't really sure how fast they would sell. They weren't even for sale 24 hours and they were sold so I'm more than happy...plus I got exactly what I wanted for them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts