Explorer Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Is it dual in, single out? Would it work with my V6? And in terms of sound/volume/tone how much difference is there between the 40 and 50, I hear conflicting opinions. Sound clips would rock, btw.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is dual in/single out. I'm not familiar with the V6 exhaust so I don't know if it will work. It's also a 3" which may be too big for your X. I never heard a 40 on an X, so I can't really compare the two. But the 50 on a V8 does sound really good. Nice rumble to it and when you get on the throttle look for people to turn heads.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Is it dual in, single out? Would it work with my V6? And in terms of sound/volume/tone how much difference is there between the 40 and 50, I hear conflicting opinions. Sound clips would rock, btw.
They're not the same engines that we have but check out Flowmaster.com because they have sound clips.

I can tell you from experience that the 40 series is much louder than the 50 series. I think I may be getting the 50 myself, just after I blow all my money on the house.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
It is dual in/single out. I'm not familiar with the V6 exhaust so I don't know if it will work. It's also a 3" which may be too big for your X. I never heard a 40 on an X, so I can't really compare the two. But the 50 on a V8 does sound really good. Nice rumble to it and when you get on the throttle look for people to turn heads.

I have dual in/single out right now with a 3" out the entire way, 2 and a quarter I believe in. So its not too big for my Ex

Hmm..I just might have to go with this...want a nice badass loud exhaust (mines already loud but hey :devilgrin: ) I'll get back to you though about it, dont hold it for me in otherwords.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Wow I am an IDIOT

I already have a Flowmaster 50! LOL

I swore I thought you were selling a Flowmaster 40! WOW :doh: :uhoh: :shootme:

·
Registered
566 Posts
I have a 96 5.0 and I am looking for some rumble. I want people to hear me when i get on it on the freeway. Do you think that muffler and a set of Ford Racing headers will do the trick??

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
If you REALLY want rumble, get the 40 series. Of course, that will be rumbling all the time, not just the highway. But I think most people will find the 50 series more liveable so I would recommend it over the 40.

·
Registered
566 Posts
No I dont want it really loud, just loud enough to say "Yeah I have a 5.0 under the hood" 8O and i think the 50 series and the headers will do that.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I think so too. I'm getting the 50 myself.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts