Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People are always saying things to me about my xp8, some of it is questions, the rest is funny/stupid.

Heres some things i remember offhand.

How did you make those mustang parts fit?

Is it real? This is the most common question, which is understandable.

My favorite (please no one be offended, that's not why i put it here)

"Man, i love that f-ken truck, nig*er (called me this)" ,this was said to me by a black guy that owns a nice looking first gen. Funny thing is, that i'm not black, not even tan. My buddy chris laughed his ass off all the way home.

I get a whole lot of this type:

Haven't seen one of those in a while

I've seen a bunch of them so far

My friend has one

Those guys are obvisouly liars, i run across it quite often, i usually say "you know there's only about 120 of them right?, maybe 2 in NJ"

They usually respond with "oh really?".

Usually the only guys that understand what it is, are mustang owners.

My all time favorite, "Joe, if you didn't have the 3 in. exhaust, i'd have sex with this truck", That quote is from Rob (owner of this site), luckily he was done with the test drive at this point, because if he said it first i was going to make a run for the border and i'm not talking about taco bell (without him).

Another mistake people make is that they think it's a race car, yes it's quick, but asking me if i can beat a Z06 is nuts. Or, "did you ever race a porsche?"

These are usually people that have no concept of vehicles at all, the worst part about it is that they play it off as if they are experts.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Wow people say some interesting things. Rob's comment kinda freaks me out but it's understandable I guess.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
My all time favorite, "Joe, if you didn't have the 3 in. exhaust, i'd have sex with this truck", That quote is from Rob (owner of this site), luckily he was done with the test drive at this point, because if he said it first i was going to make a run for the border and i'm not talking about taco bell (without him). ?

Joe...I don't ever recall saying that

·
Registered
7,812 Posts

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
You mean, you never heard "WOW! That's a nice Tahoe."

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Joe, just curious how often do you hear from people "Thats not a real Saleen"

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rob, they don't really state "thats not real", but pretty often when they ask about it, they use a tone that suggests they don't believe it's real. They just don't flat out say it.

Wilson, no one yet has accused it of being a tahoe, but there's plenty of people that have no idea that the base vehicle is an explorer. If they can't realize it's an explorer, there's really no point in having a conversation about it.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
What's funny about the Real XP8's and mine. ?Is that everyone always thinks that real xp's are fakes. ?And I get all the time. ?Man those Saleen Explorer's are so nice. ?Or Where did you order this dealer options at? ?I never get credit for my work. ?

Matt I will never ever forget the story you told me about the time you brought it to the dealer. "What IS that thing?!" LOL and even better "Don't worry I will get my master mechanic on it" LOL

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's alright rob, when i went to larson ford to pic up some parts, i hear one of the guys say to another, "What the hell does Saleen mean?" Other guy says "you been working for ford for ten years and never heard of saleen, if i was your boss i'd fire your ass"

I'm amazed when i go anywhere and mechanics and salesmen know nothing about vehicles in General, you'd think people in that profession would keep up on vehicular issues.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I think it's the same thought process when it comes to the crappy vehicles mechanics drive (I'm generalizing). They work on them all day so they don't feel like working on their own vehicle. They probably don't bother reading up on the automotive industry when they aren't at work.

G

·
The three things I get the most are 1. what is a Saleen ? ?2. If they know is it real. and 3. I didn't even know they made these

these are the ones i would think hear the most....most people have never heard of saleen.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
You know of 2-4 xp6's? So theres really not only 2 that exist? I saw one bout a month ago and then a XP8 last summer, both were parked so I got a nice close glimpse at both.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Yeah I heard, and also according to Joe, there are only 2 XP6's in existence.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Arround here there are a couple of Saleen Dealers. ?And the XP8 was very popular here I think there is about 24 XP's in total in the STL Area. ?Like 2-4 XP'6's, at least two that I have seen with my own eye's, different color's at the dealer the same time.
It may have caught on by you and people built replicas.

24 sounds quite high BM, That only leaves 93 for the rest of the country. And out of the 8-10 i know of none are in the stl area. California got a handful of them.

And there's only 2 xp6's and here's a pic of one of them. These were indeed two mistakes. This page is the one that prompted me to call liz and put a little pressure on her to find out what the hell actually went on.

Not sure if san wherever is in stl or not. This one is actually real according to her.

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/select545.htm

1 - 20 of 42 Posts