Explorer Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if i wanted a perfomance muffler but wanted to keep a stock tip to stay looking stock, what would be the best

-PnTydRpR-

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Welcome to ExplorerX

To get exactly what you want, then just buy only a performance muffler and have a professional muffler shop install it for you.

: You failed to mention what type of sound you are trying to achieve? Aggressive or quiet like an OEM muffler.

If you want to do it right a cat back system will give you the most power. Check out the Explorer Express link.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I believe there is a special full catback exhaust made specifically for Sport Trac's that is available to you. "TruBluSportTrac" knows what it is specifcally, I just tried looking for it but no luck. It's reasonably priced as well. Depends on "how far" you want to go with the exhaust mods.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if i buy a full cat back system, will it pass inspection and will i have to put a tip on it or could i keep a stock tip.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
You don't have to buy a tip, it would just be the end cutoff of the piping. There is no "stock tip" unless yours has a stainless steel tip welded onto the end, which I haven't seen any Ford car off the lot with these on unless its something like a Cobra or Lightning.

I'm not sure about the emissions, it should pass, but I dont know. Once TruBlu chimes in here again then I'm sure he can tell you more info such as the manufacturer + other stuff.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi,

I've ordered an exhaust that was designed for the sport trac (the only one designed for it and nothing else). It is made by Random Technologies (more well known for the high flow cats...also available). I ordered in through Martel Brothers. It is supposed to be the quietest performance system available and also has a "tip" similar to the stock set up. Good luck on your search.

Another informative website is www.mysporttrac.com . Their are a few thousand members and if you want something, odds are that one of them has it, or has had it. Again, good luck, and welcome to the site.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts