Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took off my billet grilles because I sold them as you all know, and the really weird thing is after I took them off...I just kind of stared at my X's front end for a few minutes and realized...I actually like the way it looks with them off better!

I can't wait until I get the EE X-Spec grille. Due to the weather I haven't been able to take my X into the body shop for everything. I'm going to keep that honeycomb liner behind the stock grille on when I put the X-Spec grille on, I don't want to see the radiator and plus I just like the look of that there.

Anyway, just thought I'd share these pictures with you for the hell of it...if for nothing else so you west coaster's can see what snow does to your Explorer!

You can view the full size images in the Photo Galleries, although its really nothing exciting. I'm not going to bother putting on the front emblem because in another two weeks or so this will be in the shop.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I like it w/o the grill, not a big fan of billit grilles and I think I like it better stock also. You are still getting that grille craft, right?

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rob! You SOB! You are always copying me!!! LOL
J/K

What Have I been telling you all for all these years. No Grill is the way to be!

It does look great!

Dude, didn't you know that I got the EE X-Spec grille?

I like it w/o the grill, not a big fan of billit grilles and I think I like it better stock also. You are still getting that grille craft, right?

I was about to, but ended up getting the EE X-Spec grille instead. I wanted more of a sleek look but not too gaudy or far from stock. That ended up fitting the bill.

G

·
I like it better with out. I've always like the painted grilles. But if you like the EE one, go for it. Got any pics of one installed?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I like it without. Looks just like mine except, of course, in black. I've been thinking about getting a SS speed grille but I don't know. There are too many other things I need done first like exhaust and chip.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ahh the torture that image does!

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
How is it different then stock, though?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Oh, I see, the two on either side are gone. Well, I do like it better and mine has a small crack in it so maybe I'll look into one in the future.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Geez guess I'm the only one on here that likes the billet grilles huh

Well, that's what makes each of our different.....and why we can appreciate each others

hey you're not alone. i put my billet grille on like 3 weeks ago and i like it. also i think that EE xspec grille looks badass too.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
You know what Rob, I take back what I said before about the EE grille. I definately will look kick a$$ on your X. I regret what I said about it before.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Question do you think it would look "good" to get the EE X-Spec grille and have the inner grille painted that gray color? Or would that look bad? Because I'll be honest TAS for a few seconds there I **** you not I really thought I was looking at a XP8 front end.

EDIT: And I'm also finding it literally impossible to photochop that EE X-Spec grille to make the inner portion gray.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
...Because I'll be honest TAS for a few seconds there I sh*t you not I really thought I was looking at a XP8 front end.
I told you it looked good.

Because I intended to install the speed grille, I had my painter only paint part of the grille and when I first saw my x afterwards I was thinking I should've had him paint the whole thing.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So do you think it would look good if i had the inner portion of the EE X-Spec grille including the bar in the middle painted the dark gray?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts