Explorer Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought these nittos off ebay (obviously).

I have new pirelli pzero scorpians up front, but i'm quickly realizing that they don't take well to the weather. I've been researching tires for like a month, to find a new pair for the rears. They are now, as bald as they can get without going flat.

So i was browsing Ebay, and i saw the nittos, at a decent price, with free shipping, so i figured i'd try them out.

I really didn't want to blow 300 for new ones, and find out i don't like them. New, they are about 130 a piece.

My cousin is going to mount and balance them for free, so there's no money loss there.

Here they are:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2445176247

The will probably suck in the snow, just like the pirellis, but after my reasearch, i've come to determine that all suv tires, with a high speed rating, that look good, and corner well, all suck in the snow.

If i have to toss them or sell them, it won't be a great loss since they were only 130 bucks for the pair.

Don't get me wrong, i still believe the pirelli is the best choice for handling, they just don't fair that well in other situations. (every winter i start to question my previous decisions on tires), i have a habit of going for performance only tires.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Sounds good Joe let me know how they work out. Once it comes time to replace the tires on my new rims + tires setup I'm looking to get the Toyo Proxies but it'll certainly be interested to see how the Nittos fare. I don't really care about how they perform in snow or winter weather as I will be taking off my Cobra R's in about the beginning of November and slapping them back on mid February every year, running the stockers during the winter.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, i got the tires today, basically they are new, if they didn't tell me they were on something, i wouldn't of thought it. Well spent 129 bucks.

I'll bet these nittos are better in the weather than the pirellis, there's much more grooving, i'd also bet the pirellis handle better, but i think the difference won't be enough to actually feel.

When you compare them side to side, the pirelli p-zeros put way more rubber on the ground, but it's also the same reason they ride on top of the snow like a drag slick would.

I'll let you guys know how they are after thursday, that's when my cousin is putting them on for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts