Explorer Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I talked to Troll and his brother today and it looks like we have an agreement to turbo my truck. We will be working out the details within the next couple of days, so all other mods are going to be put on hold for a while.

They tell me we will be doing a T-9 pushing 9-10#'s with a front mount intercooler and 55# Injectors pushing about 280-310 RWHP on pump gas with a stock block for about 3500-4000$ all custom of course.

So keep posted bec my truck has taken an unexpected turn for the better.

This is something Ive wanted from day one but havnt found anyone to do it. So Im going to sell the Eaton and have decided to do this for sure! Project save 4 Grand is now in effect! LOL

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Wow that is totally awesome. Time to start working your ass off to save enough cash!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow that is totally awesome. Time to start working your ass off to save enough cash!

Hell yeah ... no more eating out, Im gonna have to start cooking!

Every penny counts ... so Im gonna be working 10 times as hard these next few months.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Awesome! Cant wait... BTW, whats the difference between a supercharger and a turbocharger?

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Wow that's awsome!!!!

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
A LOT. And, I only remember hearing of one person with a turbo'd X. He ended up with a barbecue pit in his front end (trying to find the link on EF...). That was a V8 and I have to trust that Troll can do it safely if he says he can. That would be something to see, though.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A LOT. And, I only remember hearing of one person with a turbo'd X. He ended up with a barbecue pit in his front end (trying to find the link on EF...). That was a V8 and I have to trust that Troll can do it safely if he says he can. That would be something to see, though.

Yup, I trust Troll and his brother to do a good job more than anyone else specialy since he plans on doing the same for his truck.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Yeah, I heard he was going to turbo his. From what I understand, the main problem is the heat, hence the aforementioned barbecue. Now, I can't remember if that guy used an intercooler or not, but I would think that would be automatic to use one.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
An intercooler would be a must. No turbo'd vehicle should be without one.

·
Registered
185 Posts
is it hard to make a custom turbo for ur x.. would the turbo be basically the same as what those ricers put in there civics? or is it a suv/truck turbo setup?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I know MorganTec is big into this. Check him out on FXN. I know he's messed around with them in the past and I think he's working on one for his Axiom.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts