Explorer Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would adding all new IAS shocks improve my handling at all or what about thoes with a sway bar , would it be noticable ?

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
New aftermarket shocks especially Edelbrock IAS' would definitely improve your handling and suspension hands down :worship: , its a very VERY worthwhile upgrade both for the improvement in handling, safety, and even financially. Now, if you upgrade your shocks AND get a sway bar, you really will have one hell of a setup, one that you won't regret and you'll sure as hell notice a HUGE difference in handling.

If you have the money to do both, by all means do it.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
If the money's not all there at once, i'd do the sway bar, then the shocks.

The sway bar enables your truck to handle more like a car.

Unless your truck is very high mileage you may not notice that big of a difference from the shocks alone.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Our X-Spec Rear Sway Bar is one of the best mods you can do to your X. It is easy to do and affordable. It will definitely give you an immediate improvement with the handling. The shocks will help even more. It is a great one two punch. I say, do the sway bar first, you will not regret it.

We are currently offering the ZD5622 X-Spec Rear Sway Bar for $159.95 for web site members in the month of December. This is not a group buy, just a straight up $20. discount for members of explorertalk.com!

Here is the difference between the stock bar and our X-Spec version.

·
Registered
155 Posts
The X-Spec Rear Sway Bar comes with Energy Suspension Ploy mounting bushings. We also offer a poly bushing kit for the front for $39.95. Upgrading the front sway bar bushings make sense for the 98-01 Explorers

& 95-03 Sports. If you have a 91-97 we have a sway bar upgrade for the front & rear.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
will that swaybar fit on a 99' mountaineer, because essuntually its an explorer with mercury baadges?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Yes, it will.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
The X-Spec Rear Sway Bar comes with Energy Suspension Ploy mounting bushings. We also offer a poly bushing kit for the front for $39.95. Upgrading the front sway bar bushings make sense for the 98-01 Explorers ?

& 95-03 Sports. If you have a 91-97 we have a sway bar upgrade for the front & rear.

hey John do you have the endlinks for the front too?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Good question, cause I was assuming they came with the kit he quoted.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
IAS SHOCKS :stop: bad subject.

Spend your money on Bilstein or something else. I speak through experience.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts