Explorer Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody bought anything through www.sounddomain.com or www.purecaraudio.com? I'm looking to get an Image Dynamics ID10 V.3 from Sound Domain and a Phoenix Gold Octane R 2.5:2 from Pure Car Audio. I need to know if these two places are safe to buy from. Thanks.

Also, thanks for creating the forum for audio stuff Rob!!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
No problem!
I have personally never ordered through Cardomain/Sounddomain. I haven't heard much of any positive feedback about them. Mostly what I've heard is that either the products are damaged upon arrival, or they take forever to arrive. Never ordered anything from purecaraudio.com

I strictly do my car audio purchasing either through e-Bay (the same headunit you buy in stores can be purchased, no exaggeration, sometimes as much as $200 less on e-Bay), or a local car audio store back in NJ. I've done a lot of business through them and they are a terrific operation. Everything is done professionally (installations), and their deals are excellent. They never try to rip you off or fool you into buying crap you dont need or that isnt any good.

My two cents would be to find exactly what you want online, search for it on e-Bay, and get it through there. Yeah, you have to wait for shipping. But saving a hundred bucks or more is certainly worth it, especially when you're on a tight budget.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only thing is that my mother doesn't like ebay and these two things would be christmas presents to me. I know Sound Domain is the only authorized dealer to sell ID10 V3s. Thats the only thing that sucks. I hope that if I order through them they won't be that bad. Hopefully some other people will have some input.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Well, ultimately if you're not paying for it then price doesnt seem to play all that much of a factor. Don't get me wrong, Sounddomain is probably good, but I just havent heard that many good things about them. I always steered clear of them because of their notoriously high prices, and lack of selection.

I recommend Crutchfield.com if you're going to order anything off the web. Shipping is even free and it arrives in 3 days.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yeah I love Crutchfield. I got my harness for my HU through them. Then sent instructions and everything. The total was like $15 and they sent me the radio removal tools too. They really are great but unfortuantely they don't sell Image Dynamics subs or Phoenix Gold amps. If you can suggest something that Crutchfield sells that is close to or better than the quality of the ID sub and PG amp then I'd definately like to hear about it.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the site Xchic!!! I didn't know the Octane R amps had blue neons on them. I was only lookin at it 'cause it was cheap. Thats really cool that is has neon though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts