Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have wanted a 98-up hatch for along time..but i was thinkin if i removed the black trim and painted the c-piller's to match it would look alot light a 98-up hatch..and it does..i found what this guy did..and i think it's what im gonna do to mine..take a look

what do you think? i plan to do it this summer :!:

i think i would have a 03 expy hatch door latch put in to this one..so it look's costom

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
I think that pic loks a ton better than stock. I have always hated the look with that black trim because it is too busy. I say go for it.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I like that look alot, I just wish it was a different color because that blue is hard on the eyes

But you're definitely onto something. Certainly would be cheaper and easier then replacing the entire hatch and taillights. I think you should also consider shaving the rear wiper off unless you need it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i use my rear wiper ALL THE TIME!! i would go cray without it..whenever my front one's are on my rear one is also on..the wiper stay's nomatter what
but i have my wiper arm's painted to match so that will help it "blend"

yeah it would be cheaper..98-01 hatch is about $450 then paint and custom stuff done to it..so i think i will do this..but i would also paint that black steel around the 3rd beak light to match..

i kinda like that blue
:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok but i can't be responsable for you shorting out your keyboard with drool

really wanna see?

ok you asked for it

my dad's 76 vette that was just repainted last fall..and my grandpa's 1956 chevy bel-air covt all original(sp?)

a better pic of it this summer

the 56 is a manual..but i have drove it some..i really hate manual's..but it's really fun to drive

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
8O those look pretty cool, well at least one of the is older than I am

Is the rear spoiler moulded in on the vette? they both look real nice, I take that back......you may not have the nicest vehicle in youre family
j/k

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Wow that '56 is in great condition!!!!! I'm not one for liking old cars but god damn that thing is beautiful!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it's a 82 stock vette tail my dad had put on the 76..makes it look alot better..

the 56 is all original(sp?) with low miles.. very nice car..only one in the state

03EplorerSPT.. i won't need those pic's anymore..im going to just mod my 95-97 hatch..but if you allready took them i wouldent mind a peek

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Nah I haven't taken them yet. My computer is still broken.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Alright I won't. Good luck with your new rear hatch idea. The painted wiper arm looks nice.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
cool 8)

thank's it makes it blend better..im gonna have this done wehn i get my bumper painted and hood painted(not to long from now)

·
Registered
107 Posts
trim looks cool, it's original! i'm not a fan of the painted handle and wiper...that's just me tho. think shaved all the way would 'look' better...but i understand cuz i wouldn't ditch my wiper/handle either...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts