Explorer Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into purchasing a Head Unit for my X and was most likely going to go w/the Alpine IVA-D900 or D901. It won't be till the end of the summer at the earliest since the cost on the unit
. Other then Alpine what do you guy's and gal's think would be a good choice ? I have had Kenwood, Clarion & Pioneer in other cars in the past but nothing in my opinion was as good as a Alpine.

So what are you opinions and options ????

here is a link to cruchfield that has a few choices

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-oIsilgW8jUl/c...oup.asp?g=62700

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
My preference goes in this order: Eclipse, Alpine, Pioneer, and then everything else. I plan on my next stereo being one of the first two since I already have the third. Alpine makes a great product. I had one years ago as a teenager.

What features are must-haves for you, Tommy? MP3? # of RCA outs? etc...

Taking into account features and price on that list, I like the 9830.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
I'm a big Pioneer fan so I would recommend that. Alpine units are very good but I just don't like the way they look. I'm not a fan of in-dash screens either but whatever you like. Both units you are looking at are nice. I would go with the D900 since it's on sale but who knows how much it will cost by the time you get it.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I forgot he wanted a screen. Then I'd definitely take Alpine over Pioneer.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Alpine is definitely the premier unit with a screen. Eclipse is excellent, but has no "native" satellite capability. I really like my Clarion, when its actually working. Pioneer's problem is that their's aren't touch-screen, and they hve no buttons to speak of - the remote is the ONLY way to operate them.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
TIME OUT. I stand corrected. This year's Pioneers DO have touch screen control. That is a major improvement over their previous units. I'd still go with the Alpine, if I could afford it.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
[..]

I want them all ? ?
? DVD, Nav, Sat, MP3 you name it
OK, big spender.
The D900 seems like the one for you, then.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
You got it, brother. A lot of truth in that.

·
Registered
666 Posts
The way I look at it is to do it right the 1st time ?

If I would only listen to myself when I say this to myself ... LOL

I always find myself redoing a job bec I have no patience to do it right the first time. This is one of my flaws which Im working on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts