Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know more about what headlights to get. I know Ive been told a little about what to get but Im still unsure. Ill tell you again what Im looking for: Ive noticed many of you guys have blue colored lights, but Ive seen other headlights on cars that are a bright white yet purplish in color. I would like to get those, but Im not even sure of what brand makes those. Maybe those are just what hyper white lights look like? Im not even sure. Can any one shed some light on this? Thanks

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
If you want a bright, hyperwhite look - get Sylvania Silverstars. These are the brightest, street legal white lights you can get.

If you want a blue-tint look, go to Pep Boys and they're not hard to miss, probably companies like APC make these.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya, Im thinkin of just gettin the silverstars headlights, blinkers and fogs. But, is there such thing as a purple tint? I see them on the road I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Ya, Im thinkin of just gettin the silverstars headlights, blinkers and fogs. But, is there such thing as a purple tint? I see them on the road I could be wrong though.

I've seen "purple tint" headlights or whatever on eBay often before, my question for you is why do you want them though?
Oh well to each his own.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, maybe I should rephrase it: I definetly do not want lights that are as purple as HID's are blue. The ones Ive seen are almost completely white except for a hint of purple. Now that I think about it though, I see these on people's headlights lenses that are completely clear, not grainy like our lenses are and they may look different on those.

Well, it seems like Silverstars are a good choice, but can you really tell them apart from stock lights in looks? They look about the same in pics Ive seen of them.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Well, it seems like Silverstars are a good choice, but can you really tell them apart from stock lights in looks? They look about the same in pics Ive seen of them.

Uh, absolutely you can tell the difference. I'm not sure what pictures you've seen but there is absolutely no comparison. I can spot Sylvania Silverstar bulb users anytime I'm on the road vs. other typical aftermarket bulbs vs. OEM halogen.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can spot Sylvania Silverstar bulb users anytime I'm on the road vs. other typical aftermarket bulbs vs. OEM halogen.
Thats what I like to hear! Im not sure what pics Ive seen, just didnt look different in the pics to me.
:

Would you recommend getting the foglights also?

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I can spot Sylvania Silverstar bulb users anytime I'm on the road vs. other typical aftermarket bulbs vs. OEM halogen.
Would you recommend getting the foglights also?

Definitely, hands down.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This will sound stupid: does that mean yes or no.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Hands down = no contest. Its a phrase.

So in this case, I am saying yes definitely you should get the Sylvania Silverstar foglight bulbs.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for clearing that up... Ill have to consider those also.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
9005 for the fog? It says in my manual H3 for the fogs and 9007 for the headlights.
:

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Whups, you're right
The headlights are 9007
I thought I read somewhere the fogs are 9005.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sounds good
SilverStars seem like the way to go.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts