Explorer Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help plz. 02 sport trac. Driver door latch will not open from inside or out. I pull on the handle(s) and get/feel nothing. Any info would help. Thanks in advance,
Zac

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Remove the front seat from inside to gain room or if you have enough room remove the door panel, reach in and release the mechanism, then fix whatever rods or levers failed. A junkyard is a great place to grab replacement parts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your info. Maybe just a bit more if you can/will. I assume there are "clips" connecting the levers or rods to the mechanism on the latch. For whatever reason I'm guessing these clips broke, at the same time??? Do you know a common or proper name for these or just clips. My only other guess would be that the mechanism has frozen up or is stuck somehow and needs lubed. Again I appreciate the knowledge.
Zac

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Yes there's most likely plastic clips or retainers that became brittle and broke. That's why I said a junkyard might be the best place you can just rip into the door and pull out exactly what you need. Your local Ford dealer might be able to help you identify the specific part #'s for reference. They usually have diagrams with exploded views of the parts. Sometimes you can find the diagrams online as well through parts depts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts