Explorer Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I need urgent help. A few days ago I had my A/C serviced. The evap was changed.

Since then when I hit the gas it takes a long time to go back to idle. It'll just stay accelerated like if I had my foot on the gas.

I cleaned the MAS and changed air filter. I guess its a vacuum hose.

Any ideas?

Thanks

BTW its a 6 cyl

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Make sure your floormat isn't making it stick.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Exactly what I thought of.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wish it was that, but the pedal itself comes back fine. It'll stay at 1500 to 2000 rpm for about 15 seconds and then rpms finally come down

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I'd take that to a Ford dealership or auto repair shop ASAP...that's a major problem that could cost you A LOT if the pedal gets stuck at the wrong place at the wrong time. :uhoh:

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Something else you might want to look at? besides vacuum hoses & floor mats.

This thing happened to me.

-after time oil and grime build up on the walls of the throttle body housing were the butterfly meets forming a sticky ring, thus the butterfly sticks upon accelerating.

-disconnect the air intake or move it out of the way were it connects to the throttle body housing.

-now stick your finger in the throttle body housing, and open up the butterfly & hold it open.

-now with a wet rag wrapped around your other finger, you stick this finger in there and remove this oily ring, NO cleaning solvents.

I hope this is the cause of your problem so it’s an easy fix?

I had to do this twice since I put on my performance air intake. it has to do with the oil in the air element.

good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts