Explorer Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.
I've had my '13 Explorer Sport for a lil over a year. The other day I noticed when I jumped on the freeway on-ramp, that upon heavy acceleration, the SUV hesitates/stalls almost as if there was a lack of fuel. Normal acceleration is perfect. Explorer runs fine from a heavy acceleration from a dig. I think right around 60+ mph is when it almost begins to "bog out" with a heavy foot. On one instance, the check engine light was blinking on and off. While the light remained on, acceleration was weak. After a minute, check engine light turned off and everything seemed to run normal again.
From what I found out, previous owner did the VTA mod. I don't have the recirculation hoses. Could this be a factor?
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Our 2011 was doing the same thing, error code showed a misfire on cylinder 4, I replaced the coil and spark plugs and it seemed to have fixed the issue.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
You need to pull the OBDII trouble codes. If no code is set then look at pending and real time data with a scan tool while it's happening, maybe be the passenger so you can observe it better while someone else is driving.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts