Explorer Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw the most recent pictures you posted[/b] in the Photo Gallery! WOW those are some fantastic shots! I really like how you can clearly see the profile and "deep dish" look of your rims, really looks fantastic! Definitely digging the billet grilles and debadged rear! Great job man!

You have one of the nicest, cleanest 3rd generation Explorers I've ever seen! I
to you!

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Oh yep. I was lookin at the pics earlier today. They truely are beautiful pics. Those rims look sweet. I've never seen them on another X. And Rob you said it best, it is one of the cleanest 3rd generation Explorers.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Hey, thanks guys!! I really appreciate the feedback.

I've spent a lot of time thinking over all the exterior mods, and I've been pretty happy with how its going so far. Right now, I'm trying to figure out the best ways to deal with the black plastic parts that are bugging me - the rear step pad, the top of the running boards, The fog light grilles,and the roof rack rails. I wish Carriage Works would come up with a billet fog light grill. That would be pretty cool. I might paint the mirrors. If I could positively confirm that it would work with my 275/55/18 tires, I might think about lowering it.

Right now, my wife is getting a little edgy about how much I have invested in mods lately. I've got a K&N intake and Gibson exhaust on the way from Flik, but thats probably all the big stuff for a while, unless I can score the Explorer Express hood scoop for Christmas. I'm going to clean up a few little things - add a billet antenna, and I've ordered a couple of new "V-8" badges that I'm going to put on the front fenders.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Sounds like you've got a lot of good things planned for your X. I think you should have all those plastic parts painted to match the rest of your X. Except instead of painting the roof rails, have you thought about replacing them with the chrome roof rails that come on the '03s and '04 Limiteds?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
You know, I had thought about that. I like the look of the chrome rails, and they would probably be a lot more durable. I was also thinking about looking into the chrome molding they put along the bottom edge of the side windows on the Aviators.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Yeah the Aviator window trim would look good too. You definately should do that too.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Or paint the roof rack.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts