Explorer Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to inform you guys that for all of you interested in Explorer Express' hood scoops, they are now available for sale on Explorer Express' website under the Sport Trac page. Scroll down to the "Sport Trac Appearance" section, and you'll find them. Of course although in the Sport Trac section they will work on other Explorers, 95-04 I know for a fact, not sure if it fits the 1st gen hoods, John will have to confirm that for me.

Anyways here's the direct link:

http://www.explorerexpress.com/sporttrac/

Remember its available in primer color or you can have it painted (extra) + shipped to your door. Make sure you give John your paint code for an exact paint match, I don't think John has mentioned that before but just have it "ready" I guess when you go to order to speed up the process!

Explorer Express

·
Registered
155 Posts
This is what our hood scoop would look like on a GEN 1 X. If you slide it to the back of the hood it will fit OK. If you were to notch out the back of the scoop in the shape of the body line in the hood you could move the scoop foward some.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
I think the hood scoups look most at home on the sport trac, and on sports with that nose.

Any of the others, it looks like someone put it there, not like it was born there.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just wanted to say that my hood scoop was just delivered! I am going to install this ASAP and take pictures!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts