Explorer Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering John, I've seen you post these on a few other forums but never caught a price. I know you mentioned about the hood scoops even coming painted to match at a minimal extra cost. How much would a black painted hood scoop be? 8)

·
Registered
155 Posts
We have these Mustang style hood scoops available in primer or painted to match. That would include Wedgewood Blue or any othe color Ford Explorer color. All we need is the exterior paint code that you will find on the i.d. tag on your drivers side air dam. This can attatch with 3M adhesive tape or can be mounted with screws. The tape, screw & templet are included. Normal order time is 5-10 days. Give us a call at 888-EXPLORER (888-397-5673)

Hood Scoop Primer.............................. $109.95

Hood Scoop Painted To Match............... $174.95

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks John! Very shortly I'll be ordering mine. Only a few weeks from now I would suppose...

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Absolutely beautiful Matt!!

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I'm thinking about a scoop... ..you know to go with that amazing ohv.... :!:

Maybe after I do my v8 swap(if that ever happens
).

·
Registered
40 Posts
I want to get one for my X, I think there really sweet. I just wonder is there anyway to mold it onto the hood so it doesnt look like its taped on there, make it look like it actually was built into the hood. That would be way more nicer.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You could buy that and then do some custom fiberglass work to make it mold in, but IMO I think it looks awesome the way it is and definitely stock-like. But again yeah I definitely do see your desire to make it mold and flow fluid.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Hey, John, I think the scoops look great! Its a Ford product, intalled the same way Ford installs them, looks pretty much like it belongs there.

Have you guys ever gotten one painted in the "WF" White Pearl Tri-coat paint? I've never had to have any paint work done on my 02 Limited, so I don't know how hard it would be to get a good match.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
155 Posts
The WF paint code is one that we can do. The tri-coat paint does add $15. to the price of the hood scoop. We can have that to you in 5-10 days. Just give us a callwhen you are ready to order. 888-EXPLORER (888-397-5673)

We have had good success with the color matching. Keep in mind that it is sometimes difficult to achieve perfection with color matching, especialy with a pearl type paint. Sometime the metallic grain may be slightly different. Just wanted to give you a heads up. We are still satisfaction guaranteed on the hood scoops.

Painted hood scoop-tri color........$189.95

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
The WF paint code is one that we can do. The tri-coat paint does add $15. to the price of the hood scoop. We can have that to you in 5-10 days. Just give us a callwhen you are ready to order. 888-EXPLORER (888-397-5673)

We have had good success with the color matching. Keep in mind that it is sometimes difficult to achieve perfection with color matching, especialy with a pearl type paint. Sometime the metallic grain may be slightly different. Just wanted to give you a heads up. We are still satisfaction guaranteed on the hood scoops.

Painted hood scoop-tri color........$189.95

Thanks for the info, John! I'll see how wierd a look I get from my wife when I tell her I want a hood scoop for Christmas.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yes it does come with a templet. It can be installed with screws or with the 3M adhesive tape that is supplied. I used the 3M tape with no templet, no problem. I did not want to drill holes into the hood. If you use the tape, I would recommend taking any wax build up off the hood.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Explorercould: if you want it to really flow you could always Bondo it on, im sure that would work fine , but that always means some extra work on your part, put it would deff. flow nice , just a suggestion for ya.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts