Explorer Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a few Service Manuals on CD on ebay. Prices ranging from

$3.99 to $39.99. I think I could get by with a CD rather than a DVD, but even the CD's vary quite a bit in price. I'm looking for a service manual for my 2001 XLT - I don't plan any major surjury, but really like it as a reference.

Any advice sorting out the good from the bad ? Any known deals to stay away from ?

I've checked some buyer feedback, and most looks good, but not sure I can go totally by that. Thought I'd get some comments here.

Thanks.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I have one on the way; as soon as I get it I'll let you know how good it is. I'd be very wary of paying $39.99 for one, since I've found out that many of these CD's that you buy off of eBay are burned discs to begin with.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Here's a link to the one I just bought: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=34221

It's just a basic service manual but it's not bad. Has pictures and all the information is pretty easy to understand. I've already learned a couple things about my transmission from this. Also has a search function tha works pretty well, too. I would recommend this guy. Pretty quick on delivery but he won't leave you feedback until you do it first. It's a burned copy but I'm happy for the price I paid. Keep in mind that these things aren't made available to the general public so they're not exacly easy to get (the official ones).

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I have a service manual cd I got off ebay for like 12 bucks. Its for all 1995 Ford Cars/Trucks/SUVS. It was a copy of a orginal that he was selling. Which I guess is illegal. But the cd works great it have pictures and shows you have to take off trim and etc. If anyone wants a copy of my software i will send you one free of charge

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
A friend gave me one of the Ford DVD service manual cd's. It has everything under the sun on it, and for eveery vehicle Ford made from 1996 to 2002.

If I had a DVD burner, I would make copies for you, but I don't think a regular burner will do it... :roll:

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I have to say again, we need to get a little Direct Connect ring going.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have one on the way; as soon as I get it I'll let you know how good it is. I'd be very wary of paying $39.99 for one, since I've found out that many of these CD's that you buy off of eBay are burned discs to begin with.

So what did you think of the CD ? Would you recommend it ?

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I recently bought one on e-bay. I used it when I had to put part of my engine back together.

I like how it lists the part names and numbers with a diagram. It's very handy when you need to pick up a part at the dealers.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I have a service manual cd I got off ebay for like 12 bucks. Its for all 1995 Ford Cars/Trucks/SUVS. It was a copy of a orginal that he was selling. Which I guess is illegal. But the cd works great it have pictures and shows you have to take off trim and etc. If anyone wants a copy of my software i will send you one free of charge

Hey I'll take one

1 - 15 of 15 Posts