Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tryed to build a Aviator on lincolns site but it never works. It wont display the page. It does it at the office and at home. Its been like that forever.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
They're creeping up on the $50,000 range, I know that much. I'll see if I can do it.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
OK, I got every option except the tow package (I wouldn't be towing a damn thing in an Aviator, for sure) and the roof rail crossbars (some of us pay good money to get rid of those). MSRP is $53,985 and invoice is $49,177. So, when you go to buy this vehicle, make sure you haggle with the salesman.

My dream vehicle:

Base Price: MSRP: $45,585.00 ?Total Invoice: $41,772.00 ?

?

Exterior Color & Interior Trim: ? ?

?

Mineral Grey Clearcoat Metallic ?

?

Light Parchment ?

Options: ? ?

?

o ? AM/FM Premium CD/Cassette Dual Media ?no charge ? ?

o ? 17" x 7.5" Chrome Wheels ?$795.00 ?$692.00 ? ?

o ? Roll Stability Control (RSC) ?$860.00 ?$748.00 ? ?

o ? Navigation/Lincoln Soundmark THX Certified Audio System (Touch-Screen DVD Satellite Navigation System w/Lincoln Soundmark THX Certified CDx6 Audio) ?$2,995.00 ?$2,606.00 ? ?

o ? Power Moonroof (Medium Overhead Console ILO Full Size) ?$1,595.00 ?$1,388.00 ? ?

o ? Rear Seat Entertainment, 2nd Row Overhead DVD Player, Screen ?$1,415.00 ?$1,231.00 ? ?

o ? Leather 40/20/40 Split Bench, 2nd Row Seats w/3 Point Center Restraint Solid Head ?no charge ? ?

?

The following features come standard on your vehicle but may have been upgraded by options you have selected above. ? ?

?

Interior: ?

?

?- ?Accessory Power Delay ? ?

?- ?Driver & Passenger Front Air Bags ? ?

?- ?Dual Electronic Air Temperature Control ? ?

?- ?Auxiliary Air Conditioning ? ?

?- ?First & Second Row Side Air Curtain ? ?

?- ?AM/FM Audiophile 6-Disc CD ? ?

?- ?Automatic On/Off Headlamp w/Delay Autolamp ? ?

?- ?Luxury Analog Clock ? ?

?- ?Overhead Full Size Console ? ?

?- ?Dual Front & Dual Rear Cupholders ? ?

?- ?Carpeted Floor Covering w/1st & 2nd Row Floor Mats ? ?

?- ?Power Door Locks ? ?

?- ?Dual Illuminated Vanity Mirrors ? ?

?- ?Illuminated Entry w/Theater Dimming ? ?

?- ?Rearview Electrochromic Mirror ? ?

?- ?Adjustable Pedals ? ?

?- ?Rear Park Assist ? ?

?- ?SecuriLock™ Anti-Theft ? ?

?- ?1st Row Leather Low Back Bucket Seats ? ?

?- ?5-Settings Heated & Cooled Driver & Passenger ? ?

?- ?6-Way Driver & Passenger with Power Lumbar Support ? ?

?- ?Steering Wheel Mounted Speed Control ? ?

?- ?Color Keyed Leather and Wood, Duplicate Audio & Climate Control Steering Wheel ? ?

?- ?Universal Garage Door Opener (Homelink®) ? ?

?- ?Power Windows w/Driver Express Up/Down Feature ? ?

?

Engine & Transmission: ?

?

?- ?3.73 Axle Ratio ? ?

?- ?DOHC V8 Engine ? ?

?- ?5-Speed Automatic Transmission ? ?

?- ?Horsepower: 302hp @ 5750 rpm ? ?

?- ?Torque: 300 lb ft. @ 3250 rpm ? ?

?- ?Variable Assist Power Rack & Pinion Steering ? ?

?- ?Front Upper & Lower Control Arms and Stabilizer Bar ? ?

?- ?Power Assisted 4-Wheel ABS ? ?

?

Exterior: ?

?

?- ?Color Keyed Upper/Accent Color Lower Front & Rear Bumper ? ?

?- ?Color Keyed Bodyside Cladding ? ?

?- ?Rear Window Defroster ? ?

?- ?Fog Lamps ? ?

?- ?High Intensity Discharge Headlamps (HID) ? ?

?- ?Keyless Entry System ? ?

?- ?Luggage Rack ? ?

?- ?Dual Power Mirrors, Heated, Signal, Memory w/Puddle Lamps ? ?

?- ?Wheel Lip Moldings ? ?

?- ?Running Boards ? ?

?- ?Front Speed Sensitive, Variable Intermittent Windshield Wipers ? ?

?- ?Rear 2-Speed Intermittent Windshield Wipers ? ?

?

Suspension, Wheels & Tires: ?

?

?- ?Full Size Steel Wheel Spare Tire ? ?

?- ?17" x 7.5" 7-Spoke Machined Aluminum Wheels ? ?

Destination Charge: ? ?

?

?- ? Destination and Delivery ?$740.00 ?$740.00 ? ?

?

$53,985.00 $49,177.00 ?

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
IMO I would get the tow package because it comes with the 2" receiver. I hate seeing the 1 1/4" receiver on Explorers and the like. Besides, when your paying that much what's another $350? Aviators are sweet vehicles. Wish I had to cash to buy one along with all my others cars I want.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I wouldn't tow anything anyway, that's why I wouldn't get it. Matter of fact, I hate all those 'in the bumper' types of tow hitches like they have on the new Explorers. I'd rather have what I have which is a bolt on hitch that I can put on when I need it.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I wouldn't tow anything anyway, that's why I wouldn't get it. Matter of fact, I hate all those 'in the bumper' types of tow hitches like they have on the new Explorers. I'd rather have what I have which is a bolt on hitch that I can put on when I need it.
:word:

Both the hitches that stick out underneath the bumpers on ours AND the "built in" hitches into the bumpers of the 3rd generation Explorers look terrible.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
The good thing about the Aviator's hitch is that it is hidded so you really cant tell what size is has. I would get it anyway just for the hell of it

·
Registered
268 Posts
I was just at the Lincoln dealer on Saturday with my father in law looking at Aviators for him. He is tired of his LX470 and want's something smaller and less ostentatious. He was quoted $41K for a brand new '04 Ultimate with every option minus the entertainment system. He is a current Lincoln owner and has been dealing with the same dealership for about 25 years so they came out with that price as their 1st offer.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I don't know about anywhere else, but in my area Aviators have been consistently advertised with HUGE discounts. Huge enough that I've been really tempted a couple of times. Like starting at $35,000 or so. They also have a $4,000 rebate going right now, I think.

BTW, those trailer hitches may be unattractive, but they sure are handy to have around if you want to..........tow something!!!

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Hey Jeff...make sure we switch the trim before you trade youres in on that Aviator

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yea, there is 3k to everyone and a 1k loyalty rebate as well here in PA so that puts it at 37k for an Aviator Ultimate...302hp...quad seating...300ft.lbs...302hp...302hp...302hp..

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
A buttload of knobs must have fell out of that bigass box and hit you on the head, Brad!!

For the last time, you're not getting my trim!!!!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Yea, there is 3k to everyone and a 1k loyalty rebate as well here in PA so that puts it at 37k for an Aviator Ultimate...302hp...quad seating...300ft.lbs...302hp...302hp...302hp..

Lemme get this straight...you said 302hp, right???

That makes the trailer hitch that much more important, doesn't it? Damn, now you take all the money you save from the great deal on a new Aviator, and drop it all on that bigger boat!! WOW, think of the trouble I could get myself in!!!!!

·
Registered
268 Posts
No No No Jeff, you got it all wrong!
what I said was 302hp...quad seating...300ft.lbs...302hp...302hp...302hp.. with the key being 300ft.lbs.. That makes it all that much easier to pull that nicely painted tandem axle trailer up the ramp and out of the water once you load on that 6600 lb.(the Aviator is rated to 7200 lbs.) 29 foot Baja Islander with twin MerCruiser 496 Magnum HO's.

Yea, that's the one. Plently of room for the family and friends and still able to pull 4 skiers out of the water with ease! Now if only the wife could see it that way...I'd be so
in my Aviator towing my Baja Fo Shizzle...

and one more thing, the who's getting who's trim thing is starting to worry me...

·
Registered
6,041 Posts

I guess I am going to give up....too many people wondering about trim 8O and knobs 8O

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Thanks for the prices. I think I am gonna stick with an explorer. Alot cheaper!! Damn 41k. I could buy a expedition

Think of it this way: For $41k you could have an Explorer Limited w/ 239HP or an Aviator w/ 302HP. I'd definately go for the Aviator.

·
Registered
384 Posts
My boss just bought an Aviator recently. Black with saddle interior. That truck is gorgeous. Period. 41k isn't all that bad, my truck with all it's options was around 37k. (I didn't pay that much for it though)

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
No No No Jeff, you got it all wrong! ?
?what I said was 302hp...quad seating...300ft.lbs...302hp...302hp...302hp.. with the key being 300ft.lbs.. That makes it all that much easier to pull that nicely painted tandem axle trailer up the ramp and out of the water once you load on that 6600 lb.(the Aviator is rated to 7200 lbs.) 29 foot Baja Islander with twin MerCruiser 496 Magnum HO's.

Yea, that's the one. Plently of room for the family and friends and still able to pull 4 skiers out of the water with ease! Now if only the wife could see it that way...I'd be so ?
?in my Aviator towing my Baja Fo Shizzle...

and one more thing, the who's getting who's trim thing is starting to worry me...

near as I can tell, NOBODY is getting any trim at all... that's why we waste so much time talking about trucks and boats. BTW - nice boat!!! You're a greedy SOB though. I would "settle" for a Cobalt 220 or a Sea Ray 220 Select and be perfectly happy (for a couple of years, anyway.) My Explorer doesn't even break a sweat pulling my 19' Sea Ray, so its pretty obvious I really do NEED a bigger boat.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts