Explorer Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm interested in painting the chrom trim around my headlights to match my paint. How do u go about getting the exact paint? What are the procedures u should got threw?....thanks in advance...

adam

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I'm actually working on turning this into a full fledged article, its a work in progress, in regards to the entire trim however.

I can't really shoot advice on this right now, I still am in the middle of research, but I really recommend you try doing a search on Google.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you planning on doing this yourself? ?

You would have to sand the chrome to where it would be paintable. Hit it with primer than the matching paint. I had mine done, so I dont really know how they went about it. ?

I have bought some paint from http://www.paintscratch.com/ and it was fairly close to my color.

um...how much did it cost u to get it painted..? I was planning on doing it myself but if its easier for someone else to do it i'll just go get it done at a paint shop...the only problem i have is finding my color, i know what to do, i got information off of the other forum...it seems easy but u never know...lol

adam

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
um...how much did it cost u to get it painted..? ?I was planning on doing it myself but if its easier for someone else to do it i'll just go get it done at a paint shop...the only problem i have is finding my color, i know what to do, i got information off of the other forum...it seems easy but u never know...lol

adam
Well, it cost me $1600 for all the non painted parts so if you are going to just have the grille painted it shouldn't be much. A good shop wouldn't have any problems matching your paint.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Hey Rob, if you want some info on how mine was done I could get you in touch with my painter. He's a great guy and I'm sure he wouldn't mind telling you how he does it.

That would be awesome. From what I've read that you have said about his business and others, he comes highly recommended so it would be great to hear from a real professional (not just Joe body shop).

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
TAS I didn't know Steve did your painting. Rob he is great!!! Many people have been very satisfied with his work and he does a great quality job. If I ever needed anything painted I would go to Steve.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i think whenever the money comes around, i'm just gona let the pros do it just because i don't feel like repainting it because i did it wrong...lol...

adam

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i made a decision today that i'm probly not gona paint the trim becuase i kinda like the crome with the red...we will see down the road but thanks for all the help guyz....

adam

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
No problem. Hey at least now if you ever figure that you want to do it, you'll know how!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No problem. Hey at least now if you ever figure that you want to do it, you'll know how!

thanks man, and i don't think the thread was a total waste u guyz were able to throw out information for each other....so thats cool....

adam

·
Registered
19,808 Posts

thanks man, and i don't think the thread was a total waste u guyz were able to throw out information for each other....so thats cool....

adam
No thread is ever a waste, and I am serious about that. So what if you decide not to? If you ever do, well now you know and if someone else is thinking about doing something similar, they can reference this thread.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts